Jet Ski in Truck Bed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Ski in Truck Bed

So this is my truck and Boat. Second Pict. What if I get a two place Jet Ski and put it in the Back of the Truck and take both to the Lake. My vision First Pict.

How would I be able to Launch the Jet ski from the back of the Truck at the Ramp.

Looking for ways to bring these toys to the lake with one vehicle. Thanks.
    Attached Files
    David THE 5am Boater
    1996 Glastron GS 205 BowRider Purchased 2/12/10
    40th Anniversary Edition V8 5.7 Cobra/Penta Volvo Outdrive.
    Tow Vehicle Ford 2004 F250 4 x 4 V10
    5am is not too early to go boating
    Wife and Kids just don't understand

Re: Jet Ski in Truck Bed

Originally posted by AZBoatDreamer View Post
    So this is my truck and Boat. Second Pict. What if I get a two place Jet Ski and put it in the Back of the Truck and take both to the Lake. My vision First Pict.

How would I be able to Launch the Jet ski from the back of the Truck at the Ramp.

Looking for ways to bring these toys to the lake with one vehicle. Thanks.
    Bet there's a way... Maybe built some sort of track system that extends out, and is bolted to the bed of the truck.

Just don't end up like this guy;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mm2DxCVrGU
    1976 Rogers Custom Boats 18' "Bonneville" W/ Chevy 454/ Berkeley 12JC

Care Taker of 1976 Glastron V-184 Crestflight W/ Volvo 170B/280 I.O.
    & 1969 Starcraft W/ 1956 Evinrude 7.5hp Fleetwin.

Comment

No I wont be like that guy. LOL
      David THE 5am Boater

Comment

I've considered this as well. I was thinking a stand-up jet ski however. and just loading it onto either a swim platform, or the sundeck on my boat.

I would imagine some sorta ramp to the back of your truck and jackknife the trailer to launch them.

Comment

Just quick thinking,

Sched40 pipe reinforced inside w/ wood somehow attach that to tailgate and use it as a ramp. truck bed mounted winch to hoist it up. I'm guessing wood would work, but pipe would be less friction. Heavy moving blanket in bet to keep bed and hull from getting all beat up. I don't know about your ramp, but at mine jackknifing would never work. I'd just drop the trailer in the parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by sje0123 View Post
            Just quick thinking,

Sched40 pipe reinforced inside w/ wood somehow attach that to tailgate and use it as a ramp. truck bed mounted winch to hoist it up. I'm guessing wood would work, but pipe would be less friction. Heavy moving blanket in bet to keep bed and hull from getting all beat up. I don't know about your ramp, but at mine jackknifing would never work. I'd just drop the trailer in the parking lot.
            Simple - Put the ski on a dolly with four wheels and some carpeted bunks. Rig a 4 point strap with a D ring to the dolly. Get yourself a bumper mounted or bed mounted Davit and then winch it either up and over the side or up and over the tailgate. The idea is not original I saw a guy at the lake this summer with a similar setup on a F250. Worked pretty slick. Once it was on the ramp he just rolled it into the water fired it up. He put the ski on the beach and then launched the boat. I didn't watch him take it out but ... hey he got it in there in the first place so it must have just be a reverse procedure. FYI he had his stuff unloaded before the guy next to him.

Comment

This looks pretty slick:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6AQdWzzoKU
              "Winter Dream"
              Silverton 34C
              White/Green

Wellcraft 23 Nova XL

Lowe 1448 BigJon
              w/Evinrude 25HP

Comment

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f...-w-ramp-68439/

Comment

There is a pre made automatic easy loader out there but it's around $3000. Called easyloader , easy ramp or something like that. Google it.

Or try this, i would make a longer ramp so the climb is less steep. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjQPqmADFmQ&NR=1

2 waverunners probably won't fit in your P/U bed.
                  yacht....$1.8 million
                  turnbuckle....$4
                  expression of crane operator when turnbuckle broke and boat fell upside down in water....priceless
                  True story in 2011.

Comment

You can also make an extension to the back of your trailer that is detachable that you can put another ball on and tow the ski behind the boat.
                    sigpic "Spend a little money, save a lot of time"

Comment

I have a friend who built a rack to hold his ski in the back of his truck. It attaches to the hole in the floor where the gooseneck hitch ball goes. He used an ATV winch to pull the ski up on the rack. It pivots down into the water, you let out the winch, unhook the ski, and pivot it back up. It seems to work pretty good. If you're handy with a welder you should be able to make this work.

Comment

Thanks for the Ideas. I only want a two person Jet ski in the back of the truck. Not two skies.

I was thinking of getting a tri fold quad truck bed ramp. The kind that hooks to the tail gate and winch it up. I would lay carpet ply wood on the ramp for a smooth surfice. I have plenty of time to work this out. I wont be getting a ski until next spring anyway.
                        David THE 5am Boater

Comment

Originally posted by AZBoatDreamer View Post
                          Thanks for the Ideas. I only want a two person Jet ski in the back of the truck. Not two skies.

I was thinking of getting a tri fold quad truck bed ramp. The kind that hooks to the tail gate and winch it up. I would lay carpet ply wood on the ramp for a smooth surfice. I have plenty of time to work this out. I wont be getting a ski until next spring anyway.
                          Don't think I would try that. I've got that type of ramp for loading snowmobiles into my pickup and they are designed to keep from pulling back away from the tailgate, but would pretty easily come loose and pull towards the bed if you were dragging something up it.
                          2012 Malibu VTX 5.7 Monsoon 350
                          2018 Ram CC 5.7 Hemi

www.oldjeep.com

Comment

Working...
                          X