Broke Transducer

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class
The base of my Eagle FishElite 640c transducer broke so before ordering a replacement, I was thinking placing it in the fiberglass bilge and applying expoxy to hold it in place. Would the transducer still register the depth like the "thru-hull ducer? I'm not concern of the temp reading.

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Broke Transducer

yes, I don't even mount mine in silicon anymore, as long as there's a little water in the bilge it works fine.

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Can you provide a little more info? Are you saying that you just place the transducer in the bilge without epoxy then add a little water and it'll register the depth of the lake/river/bay? Hummm :confused:

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Seon, A transducer will easily shoot thru the hull, if the hull is solid glass, and not too thick. You need to test an area until you get a good reading. After you find the place that it works good, you may attach it with epoxy, silicone or just screw it to whatever is hand and get it wet. The key thing is to test it before permanently attaching it.

On my SeaRay, I screwed a transom mount transducer into the gas tank bulkhead and made sure it was flat on the floor(no epoxy or silicone). Every spring, I needed to dump a cup of water over it to make it wet and functional. After that the residual water in the bilge kept it wet.

Seon

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the clarification. I'll go forth and do great things :p