Bimini top for inflatable boat

1980boatman

Recruit
Re: Bimini top for inflatable boat

:eek:

AWESOME BOAT! I am putting money aside so I can have one in 2 years time.

I have questions for anyone with experience..

1) How did you mount the seat pedestal to the floor? What is the best way to mount to the floor??

2) Is that a standard aluminum floor?

ZIZON

Seaman

:eek:

AWESOME BOAT! I am putting money aside so I can have one in 2 years time.

I have questions for anyone with experience..

1) How did you mount the seat pedestal to the floor? What is the best way to mount to the floor??

2) Is that a standard aluminum floor?

The standard aluminum has 2 layers, on the top of it, I drilled a small hole just fit to the bolt and another side I drilled a bigger hole just fit to the nut, when I?m done with it the underneath floor is completely flat so I can not caused damage to the boat.

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Please anyone can tell me why my 9.8 engine from ? to full throttle, it seems that does not increase in speed but noise? Is it normal? Thanks

By that do you mean the engine speed stays steady, but it gets noisier? Or is the boat not increasing in speed, tho the engine is turning faster and noisier?

An idea: Does it feel like the prop is churning air instead of just water at higher throttle setting?? That is called ventilation or cavitation (not desirable), which reduces speed and power. There are different ways to correct this, if that is your problem. A different prop may help. Adjusting the height or trim angle of the engine may help. Adjusting the load (both the amount of load and the position of the load) in the boat may help. Think of it this way: The prop likes to dig into water only. If air is entered into the equation, the prop looses "bite", and the engine speed and noise increase, but the boat isn't performing as it should.
You may have a different problem. If so, never mind. ;-)

Also, the prop that comes with your engine is good for many, but not all applications. It is the manufacturer's best-guess prop for most uses. Your results may vary, and you may have to experiment with other sizes (pitch or diameter changes). Here's a site that may be helpful:
http://www.tropicalboating.com/powerboating/choosing-a-propeller.html

Larry

ZIZON

Seaman

By that do you mean the engine speed stays steady, but it gets noisier? Or is the boat not increasing in speed, tho the engine is turning faster and noisier?

An idea: Does it feel like the prop is churning air instead of just water at higher throttle setting?? That is called ventilation or cavitation (not desirable), which reduces speed and power. There are different ways to correct this, if that is your problem. A different prop may help. Adjusting the height or trim angle of the engine may help. Adjusting the load (both the amount of load and the position of the load) in the boat may help. Think of it this way: The prop likes to dig into water only. If air is entered into the equation, the prop looses "bite", and the engine speed and noise increase, but the boat isn't performing as it should.
You may have a different problem. If so, never mind. ;-)

Also, the prop that comes with your engine is good for many, but not all applications. It is the manufacturer's best-guess prop for most uses. Your results may vary, and you may have to experiment with other sizes (pitch or diameter changes). Here's a site that may be helpful:
http://www.tropicalboating.com/powerboating/choosing-a-propeller.html

Larry

Many thanks for your reply, what i mean is from ? to full throttle the engine speed stays steady, but it gets noisier? and i dont think the prop is in cavitaion status and dont know why. may be I will change another bigger prop after it get worn.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

Use a GPS, make 2 separate tests with engine working at 3/4 and wot at a minimum 1/2 km straight course run in complete flat no wind waters if possible to check both throttle speed differences. As stated before you use a small engine for your boating needs, you can't have best hole shot and speed with same prop, one opposes to the other. Wot is usually used to plane sib combo faster, then once on plane reduce to 3/4 or slight higher. Going wot will help to move sib better than going at 3/4, but will not give a better end speed as you expect to have, so throttle down...

At constant wot, your fuel consume will increase and engine life will decrease as you plan to obatain the best engine behaviour as if you were using a bigger HP engine. If you change for a faster speed prop, will lose actual hole shot, give yourself on Father's Day a bigger 18 HP engine :D

Happy Boating

ZIZON

Seaman

I have just lower my top, it is now more stable in choppy water and wind condition. Very happy with what i have made.

DSC04817-1.jpg

DSC04825.jpg

DSC04829.jpg

DSC04840.jpg

DSC04851.jpg

Attachments

• DSC04817.jpg
    DSC04817.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 0

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

So you finally went with a Yam, assume a 15 ? How did it work, definitely much better than 9.8...

Happy Boating

ZIZON

Seaman

So you finally went with a Yam, assume a 15 ? How did it work, definitely much better than 9.8...

Happy Boating

No, this yamaha is friend of mine. his boat is here. this 2 stroke 15hp is an enduro series so it is not really better on my boat at all. its full speed is about 20km/h, on his boat about 32km/h

DSC04620.jpg

DSC04626.jpg

DSC04633.jpg