Photo Tutorial (DEC 2017 UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

southkogs

Staff member
Photos in your posts is a little different in the new era of iBoats. The controls look the same, but don't quite work the way you're used to in the past. I'm illustrating here the way I know for sure to post images, and will update as this as I figure some of the other details out:

NOTE - Photos still have a size limit of 700kb. The new site seems like it will allow a larger image, or will auto resize, but for the time being I'm not sure what those functions look like, so I'm still saying limit your image size.

NOTE 2 - New members need a minimum of three posts to upload photos. You can use link options right away.

OPTION 1: THE CAMERA ICON
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Click image for larger version  Name:	01_iBoats Photo.png Views:	1 Size:	39.9 KB ID:	10524593 If you select this option, you click the camera icon and then a dialogue appears at the bottom of the post editor:
Click image for larger version  Name:	02_iBoats Photo.png Views:	1 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	10524594
If you have photos uploaded to a photo album, you can choose them from this option. (NOTE: THESE ARE NOT IMAGES FROM YOUR IDEABOOKS.) Clicking this button will bring up a screen that looks like this if you have images:

Click image for larger version  Name:	03_iBoats Photo.png Views:	1 Size:	84.2 KB ID:	10524595 If you don't have images in a photo album, you can directly upload by clicking upload:
Click image for larger version  Name:	04_iBoats Photo.png Views:	1 Size:	43.7 KB ID:	10524596 This method will set your photo as an attachment like the next post.

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Here is my old Silverine boat:

Attachments

• photo282713.jpg
    photo282713.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 4

southkogs

Staff member
This is the recommended option -

OPTION 2: THE ATTACHMENT ICON
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Click on the clipboard icon at the top right of the editor:
05_iBoats Photo.png

And it will open up two options at the bottom. Select "UPLOAD ATTACHMENTS" -
06_iBoats Photo.png
Once you click that, navigate to the photo you want to upload and select it. Once you do, the screen should look like this, and you want to select "Large" from the dialogue:
07_iBoats Photo.png
Clicking that will insert the image into your post where your cursor is located.

southkogs

Staff member
The result will look like this.

This is my old Silverline Boat.
02_CleanedUP.jpg
And I can keep typing more details and add more photos as I go along.

southkogs

Staff member
To link pictures that are already hosted on the internet: (NOTE: sharing and hosting services have different terms. Those terms may dictate how many images you can link over to. I'm linking to images in an iBoats IdeaBook that I put online.)

OPTION 3: THE IMAGE ICON
Go to the image on the internet you want to want to use, and right click on the image and select "COPY IMAGE ADDRESS"
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.11.37 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	696.9 KB ID:	10573919

Next, click on the image icon:
Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.10.40 PM.png Views:	1 Size:	79.3 KB ID:	10573921

Clicking that icon will bring up this window, and you want to paste the image address into the top box:
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 7.52.24 AM.png

The result will give you an inline image in your post ...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.11.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 10.11.37 PM.png
    696.9 KB · Views: 6

southkogs

Staff member
An example would be just like this:
TIN%20BOAT.jpg
And you can continue your typing!

Status
Not open for further replies.