86 bayliner restore going to need help

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hello to everyone lol iv recently inherited a 86 bayliner capri 18 foot that needs a lot of work. Is sun faded, seats are shot, the woods rotten and full of bugs. The motor runs though. I'm planning on taking my time with it, making it like new and improving it some too. Today was my first of many days of work on it. Basically just cleaning it out and assessing what was what.

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
needing help with saving this boat

Hello to everyone lol iv recently inherited a 86 bayliner capri 18 foot that needs a lot of work. Is sun faded, seats are shot, the woods rotten and full of bugs. The motor runs though. I'm planning on taking my time with it, making it like new and improving it some too. Today was my first of many days of work on it. Basically just cleaning it out and assessing what was what.

zool

Captain
Welcome to drydock Robert,

Open a free photobucket account and post some pics and you'll get all the help u want here ;)

What engine does it have?

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I took a bunch of pictures today with my phone. I just switched from phone to computer to try and get them posted. its got a 125 force on it.

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
ok I loaded them to photobucket. is there I topic on what to do next? its been a very longtime since iv used a forum on the pc, I usually use my phone and don't remember how this works lol

zool

Captain
Upload your photos to photobucket, then open the pic you want to post, on the right side there are 4 bars with links, click on the bottom one til it turns yellow and says "copied", then just paste that in the text here...

RobertThoreson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
tried that in post #5. I found the thread in the how tos and it seems simple enough but its not working for some reason

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Welcome aboard ! You have come to the right place ! Post up some pics and let us know how we can help ! :welcome:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Ok found the right thread ... Welcome aboard again ! Sure is a sporty looking boat ! I guess the usual stuff.. Check out the transom and stringers .. Hope for the best but expect the worst .. The good thing is you can rebuild her much better than factory ! ;)

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Free boat, engine runs, exterior looks really good and the trailer looks good. Those are 4 things you have going for you. All the rest just takes patience, time and $$$. You will get tons of advice here to make your journey easier.

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I love the way these old bayliners look....great lines!! Welcome to Dry dock!