The whole shebang. 16' aluminum shell to fishing machine.

dysco

Seaman Apprentice
The trailer finally fits right. We put 2 horizontal bunks as far apart as possible and fit them to the boat well. No gaps. Rides really nice. It's pretty far forward but has plenty of clearance. Lights about 8" back with 4" of bunk sticking out. 6' horizontal bunks.
first outing.jpg

Finished most of the floor with spar varnish. Used some foam for fitment, carpet still needs to go on. The battery works fine in the rear and will be less drama to keep it back there so I can keep the boys out of it. I screwed it down temporarily. I'll probably add T-nuts and angle iron for the final placement. The boys kept to the front mostly, but it would have been more fun if I had my Honda going. Instead I was working my 30lb troller for all it was worth to get past some of the wind. We started out going upwind and then made the swing back to the ramp when the wind got bad. Mom and I were thinking a calm day at anchor with bobbers would be far more ideal for the boys.
first outing 1.jpg

dysco

Seaman Apprentice
These kayak rod holders are pretty strong. I'm going to use a bunch of them. You do have to put a rod holder in to crank them tight, but a trolling bite with the flex of the rod isn't going to spin them. This one is actually fit to loosen if you turn it to the angle of a fish but it didn't budge and it's not like the rod holder will come flying out.
first outing 2.jpg

Guaranteed to catch fish! The taller boy spent most of the ride with his head over the side, watching the water. He started crying when the fish hit on the troll and my mom grabbed the rod. It took a while to figure out he thought it was his fish that Grandma was stealing. About a minute later they reeled it in together.first outing 3.jpg

All in all, a successful trip, and no leaks!!

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Now there's two more boaters and fisherman for our future, nice smally! :thumb:

Boat looks like it rides nice and high in the water and is set up well for smaller bodies of water.

dysco

Seaman Apprentice
1/2" bow eyes installed! You can see how much I need them in how much my Honda walked across the transom protector. I'm going to see if I can find a piece of Kydex to cover that whole thing.
Ubolts.jpg