Project Boston Whaler

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I have an '82 BW 18 Outrage that is a bit rough. It could be used or it could be a project.<br /><br />If you are interested in this boat Email me at jbshideout@aol.com :)

D

DJ

Re: Project Boston Whaler

JB,<br /><br />Maybe I'm missing it, what is your e mail address?

ebbtide176

Commander

(dj, you could lookitup on forum "ahoy ebbtide")<br /><br />i had to use it to get that AP40 TM out of the hideout ;)

JB

OOPS!! See edited post. :eek:

sloopy

Commander

so ebb, you know were the hideout is?...

bKelly

Petty Officer 2nd Class

is that the boat derwood was in at the party?<br /><br />He might be interested in it, brings back old memories. The Shade Tree 2

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

JB - is it my imagination or are you setting up a BW dealership ? :D <br /><br />I hope that you're keeping at least one boat. :)

JB

Howdy, Kiwi.<br /><br />Nope. I was on my way to being a Whaler collector but the stock market has cancelled that idea and really kicked my butt.<br /><br />The Outrage is sold, so I am down to 2 Whalers, my beloved Sunshine III, a '80 17' Montauk and a '98 11' Yacht Tender.<br /><br />I am refinishing the mahogany in the Tender and have repowered her with a 4 stroke Johnny 9.9. I will probably need to sell her if the market doesn't do a serious recovery. :( <br /><br />Cheers :)

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Hi JB<br /><br />That's still an impressive collection of boats.<br /><br />I've had my butt kicked on the US and NZ stock markets too, but am optimistic that we must be at rock bottom now - with nowhere to go but up (mind you, I thought that a year ago too :( ).<br /><br />The tender with the mahogany finish sounds like a nice little boat. I hope you get to keep it.

crab bait

Captain

no... there's still more room at the bottom... <br />just wait an see how much lower they can go when more 'smoke-screen 'companies show there 'true books'.. <br />want even lower ..??..!!!<br />wait till the 'new ' IRAQI war..<br />you can't spell 'plumett' fast enuff..<br /><br />on the brite side... all stocks on ' blue ribbon store wide sale '...

JB

I really admire your optimism and enthusiasm, Crab Bait.<br /><br />That's really what those of us who have lost the results of many years of labor need to hear. :(

crab bait

Captain

yeah.. i not known for my sugar-coat.. <br />mayby i'll start..<br />everthin' will be just fine.. stay the coarse.. things will turn around.. <br /><br />hey , i'm in it,too... for every hour worked,, $ 6.40 is put into a retirement plan.. <br /><br />THE MONEY I LOST.. an of my union brothers

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Crab & JB, <br /><br />This chief finance fiddler from Worldcom doesn't look too comfortable taking a stroll with his new buddies from the FBI;<br /><br />
jail0805.jpg

crab bait

Captain

talk about 'enthusiasum'..( had to scroll down & copy down that word for spellin')<br /><br />i can't wait to see the same picture only with MARTHA STEWART... that gives me a warm fuzzy feelin' just thinkin' about it..

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yeah, I can see it now :) Martha Stewart Designer Series Handcuffs (available in all the popular colors). I'm with you on that one Crab.<br /><br />Bob

crab bait

Captain

thats funny , BOB..!!<br />i wonder if marty/tha will go to a mens or womens prison..??<br /><br />only a 'strip search' will tell....<br /><br />prison gaurds have a thankless job...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

If I was secure enough to dabble in the stock market, I would've sunk ever free cent into it back in the late 80's. I know this is kind of backwards,when the market was on a slow creep up. But Just about then,AIDS was the topic in the news. People were scared outta thier gordz. So I really wanted to buy up massive quanities of Johnson&Johnson stock. See, J&J make many products.Among them is prophylatics (SP). And sales of them things were sure to go thru the roof. Good thing I had no investment capitol to spare (I never did, being a blue collar payvcheck-to-paycheck kind of guy), but I'm glad I was. I would've lost my butt a few years later (when they decided to give them away to kids in high schoool!!! Who woulda thunk it?<br /><br />JB, I'm sorry to hear how bad the stock market is hitting you! It breaks my heart to see rthe news every day,about those who have thier entire retirement portfolios tied-up in stock,and that some insider has taken the money and run!<br />But it IS starting to rebound this last week. MOF, if this upward trend continues, there may be a problem stopping it. The Iraq mess will probably do more to boost the market, than harm it.<br />The thing is, you NEVER see these folks who lost most of thier investment crying that much on the tube when CNN intervues them. They say things like, "Well,I'm broke.I lost my home and my boat. I've lost my chance of retiring next year.The wife and I are living day-to-day now. But there's allways tomorrow!"<br />Absolutely floors me! I guess I understand the mindset,(not letting the bastiches win and all that rot), but the pure optomism (SP)!!!<br />JB, and those of you heavily vested in the stock market,hang tough, and win. I'm opomistic also!

crab bait

Captain

that's human nature .. what else can you do.. besides a bullet in the brain... <br />your now in-for-a-penny-in-for-a-pound.. opptimsium is all ya got..<br />but believe me ...<br />a war with IRAQ.. will be devistatin' on the market..there no soild footin' in the world economy as it is... war was good back-in-the-day to boost things up.. BUT NOT THESE DAYS... <br /><br />but what-the-heck.. i could be/hope i am wrong..<br /><br /> HECK,,i'm only CRAB BAIT...