1967 Sea Nymph, 14'

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1967 Sea Nymph, 14'

That sucks BD, it never fails eh, my life story a day late and a dollar short!!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

OK, I'm going to wait on this. Maybe if I wait I'll get rewarded with a 25 hp, 22 cubic inch early 70's Johnson with the magneto ignition in it. I hope.

Dozer I'm a dollar short and a day early, that's all. It'll all work out in the end.

64osby

Admiral

That Saginaw motor is still available, maybe it's time to drop a big hint to the Admiral on what you want from Santa, or what Zach might want.

Try selling one or two of the CD-11's and keep that money as a boat only fund, something will show up at the right time.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

That Saginaw motor is still available, maybe it's time to drop a big hint to the Admiral on what you want from Santa, or what Zach might want.

Try selling one or two of the CD-11's and keep that money as a boat only fund, something will show up at the right time.

OK, if it's still there Saturday I'm going to get it. Shhhh.

I've got a commitment for one of the CD-11's (5-1/2 hp Johnson). The new Sea Scamp owner will take it. I just need to finish it. So many half started projects.:facepalm:

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Ok update. Did not go to Saginaw and pick up the Fastwin. Me and Zach got a stomach virus and ralphed all day Saturday. Lisa did not get it which I'm thankful for, she went to work. I've bought all three of my boats on Saturday, and all my old outboards on Saturday. She works every Saturday, bwahahaha. Draw your own conclusions.

The UPS guy dropped off the Minn-Kota. Looks brand new, I've yet to test it. It's a gift from Santa to me I guess, so it needs to stay hidden until the 25th. I never get anything from Santa. Lisa tells Zach it's cause I made the naughty list.

The boat is now 3/4 done stripping on the outside. I need to buy a rivet gun cause I've got about 20 rivets to replace. Any suggestions? Is the el cheapo HF gun any good? I'm thinking I need one that does 3/16" and 1/4", sound right? Closed end rivets too??

Keep it going guys. Winter is coming to the North. :) *****

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Hey buddy, I have been very happy with my HF rivet gun. I can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner!

jbcurt00

Staff member

There are only 3 Saturday's left before Xmas
roudolf.gif
Plenty of time to finish some last minute shopping & still make it off the 'other' list :pray:

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Hey buddy, I have been very happy with my HF rivet gun. I can't believe I didn't pick it up sooner!

The pneumatic (SKU 98898) or manual (SKU 66422)?

image_12026.jpg
or this one below for $20?
image_16310.jpg

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Option "A"

:lever:

Well you'll never guess what I've got in my wallet. Yep a 20% off to HF. Let's see the manly size Jas special Ak-47 rivet gun, $70.:eek: Minus 20% is $14 clams off $56 add tax, closing in on $60.00 dinero! Hmmmm.......

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

I hated coughing up the extra dough, especially for HF stuff, but it's worth it if you have a bunch of rivets to replace.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

I hated coughing up the extra dough, especially for HF stuff, but it's worth it if you have a bunch of rivets to replace.

Well this is not the only tincraft in the driveway. These won't be the last either (trust me on that). "I hated coughing up the extra dough", bottom feeder approved too. I'll get it this payday. Thanks Jas.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Good call - I bought the manual (Option B) because I don't have an air compressor... It has worked okay, but there have been a couple of tight spaces where it has been a real liability (you have to have plenty of elbow room to move those handles out and back in to get good pull on the rivet).

dozerII

Admiral

No contest at all, the power tools always win. I would not be without my air riveter.

iCam

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well you'll never guess what I've got in my wallet. Yep a 20% off to HF. Let's see the manly size Jas special Ak-47 rivet gun, $70.:eek: Minus 20% is $14 clams off $56 add tax, closing in on $60.00 dinero! Hmmmm.......

Plus the extended warrantee. An extra $4 for a year? Anything I get from HF over $50 I get the warrantee.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Well I bought the bigger pneumatic rivet gun from Harbor Freight. Works awesome, I tried it yesterday. I also bought the extended warranty, total out the door $64. I riveted the bottom chine which was broken. I used 8-32 screws to pull it (broken chine) flat, then put in 2 rivets (closed end pop rivets), took out the screws and filled the screw holes with 2 more rivets.

The solar heater worked pretty good in the shop. Got it up to 24 degrees F, although it did let in about 1-1/2" of snow. Oh well working outside does have it advantages, all the fresh air you can breath. At least I'm working on the boat and that makes me feel good. Ice out is about 3-4 weeks out here in SE Michigan. Are you guys ready???

ps I took some pictures, I'll post when I get a chance.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

If it got to 24F what was the outside temp? Good to see you are working on her, BD.

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

If it got to 24F what was the outside temp? Good to see you are working on her, BD.
I'm being a wise guy GA, I'm working outside because I've only got a 1-1/2 car garage. It was 11 this morning, 19 now. Steelhead fishing next Saturday in the Clinton River (no boat) as long as it's over 20 degrees. Provided the wind's not howling I can do it for a 2-3 hour stretch. Zach's been asking to go out for the last 3 weeks now. I'll introduce him to handwarmers.lol Hopefully a steelhead too.

It feels so good to be doing boat stuff!!! Yea baby. Zach has picked out a bright red color for the boat. Officially the name is "Big Water" if I haven't thrown that out there. It's the kid's boat so he's picked out the color and the name, with some suggestions from dad.

Hope ya'll are doing good.
Don

jbcurt00

Staff member

Sounds good.... But looks like???:confused:

Soft water, :cool: !

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

512.jpg

This works awesome! I got the 2 year warranty also.

508.jpg

Here's the crack, I pulled it almost flat with a couple of machine screws.