Boat Stands

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does anyone have any pics of homemade boat stands? I have a friend that has a 18' bass boat that we need to take off the trailer. I have a motorcycle jack that is rated for 3500 lbs. to get it up but trying to figure out what to use without having to buy something we will only use once.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Boat Stands

Does anyone have any pics of homemade boat stands? I have a friend that has a 18' bass boat that we need to take off the trailer. I have a motorcycle jack that is rated for 3500 lbs. to get it up but trying to figure out what to use without having to buy something we will only use once.

Ayuh,.... Use wood blocking, 'n/ or cinderblocks, 'n/ or old tires...

Yacht Dr.

Vice Admiral

Ayuh,.... Use wood blocking, 'n/ or cinderblocks, 'n/ or old tires...

Wood is Best IMO ..

Just out of wonder .. why would you want an 18 footer off the trailer ?

YD.

PS. Double check your cinders ( I will NEVER work under crete blocks without a backup ).

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

Threw this together with a bunch of scrap 2x4's and 1x4's and 1x2's...sorry for the blur, it happened real fast...:D

Attachments

• DSCF1344.jpg
    DSCF1344.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 0

GT1000000

Rear Admiral

even with the blur i could tell you were in south fla. your location confirmed it. i swear...every backyard down here looks the same...wood fences and overgrown palms.

:-D
Yepper...:D, also recently known as Northern Havana...;)

bartborchardt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wood is Best IMO ..

Just out of wonder .. why would you want an 18 footer off the trailer ?

YD.

PS. Double check your cinders ( I will NEVER work under crete blocks without a backup ).

Took it out last night fishing and coming back in the rain the truck hydroplaned. Boat swayed back and forth so violently it busted the all the straps and hit the wheel wells and pushed them down. The bunks were in bad shape to begin with. Like to take it off and really look the trailer over before using it again. Just thankful there wasn't oncoming traffic coming or it would have been a disaster.

oldsub86

Petty Officer 1st Class

boatstand.jpg

Not mine.
No idea if it is safe.
Was advertised for sale here a while back.

Randy

Struc

Chief Petty Officer

I built a couple when I was tearing apart my parts boat.

IMG_2590s.jpg

IMG_2416s.jpg