1961 Lonestar Flamingo - SPLASHED w/Pics

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Good, I will be up to put the punch list together this weekend.......it maybe several pages, or maybe volumes....Volume III, page 379.... :D

zool

Captain
Yeah but...they're standing up on the north side!!!! 4ft of Fill!!!!:eek: Lots more to come around the outside edge. Lot was NOT EVEN close to being level. It'll be like driving up Pikes Peak to get in the thing!:grumpy: I wanted to put it on the south side of the lot but...Septic System Lateral lines were there!:facepalm: Once i'm inside...I won't Care!!!:D Sure hope the company gets the Trusses done by Monday so we can get them up and the Roof on Tuesday. If so...should be done by Thursday or Friday.[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"71","width":"71","src":"https:\/\/www.smileysapp.com\/emojis\/fingers-crossed-emoji.png"**[/IMG2]

Better get on Craigslist right away mike, to find some projects :)....

sopwithcamel74

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got some land to clear next spring adjacent to the extension I'm building right now - would love to do something similar out there to what you're doing. Pole building would let me get the square footage I want within my price range.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Got some land to clear next spring adjacent to the extension I'm building right now - would love to do something similar out there to what you're doing. Pole building would let me get the square footage I want within my price range.

Go For It!!! Life is Short! Enjoy it while you can!

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Click image for larger version  Name:	Trusses.JPG Views:	1 Size:	1.08 MB ID:	10643645

Well a bit of a snafu with the Trusses, set us back a week. They were delivered late Friday, and then this morning when they started to put them up...they realized they were 8ft too long!!!! The amazing thing is the MFG(60 miles away) dropped EVERYTHING and built the 24 footers this morning and had em onsite @ 3:00 pm!!!:eek:

Got the Two end trusses up and soooo in the morning they'll be able to FLY on getting the remaining 7 Trusses up and the Tyvek wrap installed. They also got more dirt fill in on the north side and the walk in door and 4 windows framed in. Hope the wind is NOT as strong as it was today. 20-25 mph.
Gunna have a Christening Party Mid to Late September so all the iBoaters are welcome to attend, Beer and Brauts!!!:D:D

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just make the hanger 8’ bigger ! :joyous:
‘Beer and Brauts ? I’m gassing up the camper and heading your way !!:bounce:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Haven't ran across them, glad they got you fixed up. I usually spec Higgins and sons......very detailed guys and nice trusses. They did the ones for the hangar, 42' and almost perfectly strait.

mrdjflores

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Woodonglass.....wood on glass....wood..glass.....wood.....wood trusses.....
and you didn't make the trusses yourself???

so disappointed....LOL

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Well, I WAS gunna build the entire shed but...The Admiral reminded me that I was NOT getting any younger, I just got over some Major Neck issues, and Climbing on ladders etc. was NOT a Smart thing for and Old Dumb Okie...Emphasis on OLD!!!! I took her advice. Besides it's getting done SOOOOO much faster than if I had done it!!!

Lots of progress today. Trusses All up, Stringers done, Windows In, Tyvek wrap in the morning and Metal Roof going on. Walkin Door will be hung and then Thursday siding goes on. With Luck Friday evening she'll be DONE!!!
Still have about 29 yards of fill dirt to go around and Pour a Driveway. Maybe Monday before she's all done. We'll see!!!

Hope all this isn't to boring for you guys. If so, let me know and I'll stop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0091.JPG Views:	1 Size:	154.1 KB ID:	10644246Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0093.JPG Views:	1 Size:	144.6 KB ID:	10644248Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0094.JPG Views:	1 Size:	143.4 KB ID:	10644249

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 0