14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 14ft Starcraft Falcon Restore

Rope looped through front eye hook tied to a "pull tight" tiedown strap. Lift front of boat up so its hovering in middle of garage, hanging by the strap. Two guys on back, lift and roll over onto sawhorses. Front end pivots on strap. Lower front end back down on sawhorse. It looks like a boat on a rotiseriee spinning in the air.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Well, got all the wires hooked up today..... that was fun... NOT! Have to see if anything starts on fire. :eek: Need to pick up a battery and power it up.

Clock is ticking, camping at lake Cadillac and Mitchell on the 21st of this month. Anyone want to get a pool going to see if I get it finished in time? :D

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

good luck with that CB!!! Betcha it'll all be fine :)

I don't look forward to electrical work on either of mine, at all... thats an area I am completely clueless about :redface:

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

All I can say is find the wiring diagram that matches your motor. Id still be trying to figure it otherwise.

Andy in NY

Commander

how much paint did you use on the trailer?

SnowHunter

Petty Officer 1st Class

All I can say is find the wiring diagram that matches your motor. Id still be trying to figure it otherwise.

Yup, will definetly do that. Otherwise...theres no way I'd figure it out!

Triton II

Commander

Clock is ticking, camping at lake Cadillac and Mitchell on the 21st of this month. Anyone want to get a pool going to see if I get it finished in time? :D

Good luck with the deadline CBG! :D

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Got the control box mounted and cables hooked up today, it seems to be operating OK, but then Ive never hooked up controls before, so what do I know. :D

North Beach

Commander

Handle to the front-forward. Handle to the back-reverse:p

BTW-Likes the paint!!!!!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Handle to the front-forward. Handle to the back-reverse:p

BTW-Likes the paint!!!!!

Thanks NB.

See, I thought I knew what I was doing. When I pushed the little handles things on the motor moved, sometimes I impress myself. :D Just wait till I figure out this whole steering thing this weekend. :cool:

tdrudd87

Petty Officer 1st Class

My moneys on you making it by the 21st, looks great!!!

You planning on hitting the crappie while you're out? I always hear about the great fishing over there, pike too!

Terry

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

That will be the perfect little rig for those waters!

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

My moneys on you making it by the 21st, looks great!!!

You planning on hitting the crappie while you're out? I always hear about the great fishing over there, pike too!

Terry

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The motor will be the thing that could kill my plans, just praying it runs good.

We usually get into the crappie out there, caught some nice ones too. Havent targeted pike that much, but usually pick up one or two.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

That will be the perfect little rig for those waters!

I think it'll be ok out on Lake Michigan. Its small enough it will ride between the swells. LOL :D I do want to take it out to Sagnasty for some eyes though.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Progress has turned into tail chasing due to ignition wires, suspected automotive solenoids, and an inexperienced marine tech (me :confused:). If this keeps up Im putting a sail on it.

CBGale2

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Not sure about horse power, trying to decide how many pop rivets Im going to need to hold up the mast. :D

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Not sure about horse power, trying to decide how many pop rivets Im going to need to hold up the mast. :D

3 or 4 should do it, plus a shot of 5200 and you'd be set! No oil changes either!:D