69 chrysler tri hull rebuild

seaman65

Cadet
Re: 69 chrysler tri hull rebuild

Opps I forgot to answer the question...I looked pretty thoroughly at transom as well as foam above stringers...both dry...no moisture to speak of at all. I did purchase from the original owners who indicate that the boat was never wet docked...this being New Mexico, there isn't much moisture like back east, my concerns were more dry rot than wet rotting...I was please enough. I hope that drilling into the foam down to the bottom was enough...and that I hope my decisions to 'not' pull up all the foam will bite my tail end later..

seaman65

Cadet

Okay I've gotten home and started pouring more resin then I remembered between the calls for dinner and the neighbors kids screaming like banshees that I had to post the pics of the gas cap, the old gas tank and I figured I'd take a few under the hood as well.

Please not the electric tag, while I know what most of those items are I don't know what 'heat' is....can someone explain...
Thanks,
M.

Attachments

• motor side.jpg
    motor side.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0
  • old tank.jpg
    old tank.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • starter side.jpg
    starter side.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
  • electric tag.jpg
    electric tag.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 0
  • front motor.jpg
    front motor.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 0

jcsercsa

Captain

That Motor looks really clean!! you shouldnt have to do much to her !! lets hope . does she pee petty good ?? lol John

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Now for the boat part of things, I will split the color between a royal blue strip on the hull and white base...the interior will be blue carpet, blue and white seats, inside the port and starboard, I'll have the inner white with a blue and gray shelf that runs the length.

Just a word of caution from someone who put dark blue carpet in their boat......if you go with carpet (and I personally am going to stay away from carpet on any future projects) go with a color on the floor that doesn't show dirt much. My blue carpet is ALWAYS filthy. I can clean the whole boat out and the first time I step back into it from the ground it looks filthy again. At the very least, I wish I'd switched the blue and gray because I think the gray on the floor wouldn't show dirt as well.

tallcanadian

Captain

Now for the boat part of things, I will split the color between a royal blue strip on the hull and white base...the interior will be blue carpet, blue and white seats, inside the port and starboard, I'll have the inner white with a blue and gray shelf that runs the length.

Sounds familiar.

100_4211.jpg

100_4201.jpg

seaman65

Cadet

Yes, you're boat is what really turned me around on the color schema.

I want a royal or admiral blue strip..but I'm also looking at an emerald green tone as well...I'm fighting with the whole carpet thing, should it be carpet or rubber matting?

btw what do you recommend to clean up and polish the windows.. mine are rough looking but at least there aren't any cracks...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

If you are at all debating......don't go with carpet. I assure you, you will hate it. I have really been admiring the results some of our members have gotten with Durabak and other with a marine vinyl.

tallcanadian

Captain

The carpet thing is a big debate here. I personally love it. I've had mine for it's 3rd season now. I've lugged dirty bbq's from my cabin. A ton of fish has fallen from my hook to the floor. Dirt from my boots have been ground in it. The list goes on. All I do is hose it down, the dirt doesn't stay, there is no smell from the fish. It's all good. But that's my opinion. As far as colour goes, I agree with you on the darker blue. I'm actually going to paint mine again in the spring. Not sure what colour scheme to go with. I'm stuck between leaving like it is except a navy or royal blue. Or going with the navy or royal blue on top and the hull completely white with dark blue lettering. Also, I'm going with the back to back lounge seats and removing the single seats. Your boat sounds like it's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see it.

seaman65

Cadet

Yea I do like the carpet, maybe a lighter shade of some indoor/outdoor stuff. I used some for my pool base this year and it worked fine, so we'll see what happens..besides, the bright side is its only carpet and a helluva lote easier to do than everything else.

seaman65

Cadet

On another note, I've made some head way on the bulkheads and got a few layers of polyurethane on them. They look good; here are a couple of pics of the little one working out the sanding basics...lol. Also note that the deck is completed..has I think three coats of resin in these pics, will do one or two final to ensure a good seal up.

Attachments

• coated inside.jpg
    coated inside.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 0

seaman65

Cadet

Hey guys here are the latest pics. If you note, I've planned a phased approach so that I can work on some areas while other areas are drying..and no I don't have any more sanding pictures..that was a pain. I will however post the sanding and painting of the bottom. This should prove interesting as I'll need to jack up each side of the boat to get underneath.

Attachments

• inner night.jpg
    inner night.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • motorhood.jpg
    motorhood.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 0
  • night front.jpg
    night front.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 0
  • night rear.jpg
    night rear.jpg