1950's Wagemaker Wolverine wooden boat restoration ...

Sea18Horse

Chief Petty Officer
Glad to hear it! Just remember to do what the doctor says. We can be stubborn sometimes. :)

Cheers.....................Todd

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Sam,

What surgery did they do? I've had 3 so I can empathize!!!

I cant remember what is was called but basically they shaved a section of vert and took out part of a disk to open up the nerve passage that was compressing my nerves going down to my legs .. My legs feel much better and stronger already ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
This just in ! It ain’t the cover of The Rolling Stones but we made the Sunnyland Sheerline magazine !
There it is ,my name, plain as day ,in black and white ,along with pic ! I am somebody !!! :lol: :rolleyes:
303E234B-9A4B-4859-B512-BD2C1B8E2E9E.jpeg

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay, the last time I seen someone get this excited about seeing their name in print, he was being shot at at his job! Every bullet was a near miss but the oil cans right aside of him where getting hit...need I go on...

Joking aside, you deserve it for sure. Nice boat! :first:

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Congrats Sam!!! Glad the surgery is working. I had a similar Surgery in 1991 and it lasted 15years until I tried lifting something I shouldn't have and broke it loose again.:facepalm:

ssdale

Starmada Splash of the Year 2016
congrats on getting into the publication and belated CONGRATS on your spectacular resto project. Been absent for a while and took today to catch up on your thread. Really enjoyed your link to the boat Show also! Good luck also with the mend.
Dale

buxmj

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi Sam, getting back on the forum after a hiatus being busy with life. I was worried to read about your back problems but now glad that you had surgery and it is getting better. The boat turned out beautiful! Sorry I missed getting over to the boat show to see you and the boat, being a musician having free time on weekends is hard to come by sometimes but I am not complaining, it is good to be busy. The TeeNee turned out better than I ever imagined. When I bought it seven! years ago driving back from Warner Robbins GA wondering what the hell I got into with a wooden boat I knew at least the trailer someday could be restored if the boat ended up in the burn pile. So glad you ended up with it and hope you didn't think too ill of me at times when trying to figure out how to put it back together! I am back working on my fiberglass project and hope to post some updates in the next few days. Congrats on the publication, well deserved. Continue to feel better and hope to talk to you soon!

Buck.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
John , Thanks buddy and Happy B-day again !
Mike ,,, If I can get 15 years out of the surgery I guess it would be worth it . The pain is one thing but the worst is just the feeling of uselessness . Sitting at home feeling guilty that I can’t help out while we are so busy at work . I go to the doctor this week so maybe He will clear me to work ..
Dale ,,,, Hey ,glad you dropped by ! Thanks and yep the boat show was a blast ! Looking forward to next year !
Buck ,,,, Thanks ! Being busy is a good thing although it does tend to get in the way of fun stuff now and then . But would imagine that playing gigs would be a lot of fun too ! Especially the paying ones ! :lol:
‘Yep, the Tee Nee turned out great ! The winch post is a bit too low and I like a little more tongue length but other than that it fit and pulled perfectly . And yes there was a few head scratching moments on the assembly but between your memory and some google searches we got it figured out .. Looking forward to seeing your project when you get back to it !