Why go with an I/O?

jdlough

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Why go with an I/O?

45Auto,

I've read many of your post. As a matter of fact, I liked your reasoning in those posts, so I've checked your profile, and read all of them. Your type of posts are the reason I come to iboats forum.

I've just recently discovered high'n'dry's posts. Similarly, I read all of his old posts. I similarly have great faith in his experience (and his ability to keep a clear and level head, plus nice pics)

45, dude, I think you may have gotten off to a bad start, due to the internet's inability to accurately portray feelings and intents. I really don't think any attacks were meant by anyone. You may indeed have different beliefs, but I think that is mainly due to the fact that you each boat in different types of waters.

And maybe you guys have different definitions of an unsinkable boat. To you, it may be a boat that just won't sink. To high'n'dry (a scuba-er) I think it is a boat that can totally fill up with water, NOT founder, not turn-turtle, no need for a bilge pump, and will drain or dump the excess water over the transom as he scoots away. He is not interested in a boat that 'just won't sink'. He doesn't care about a high gunnel/transom dry boat. He needs a boat that will be there, upright, unattended, when he comes up from his insane scuba thing. For him, a really giant surfboard with a motor will do - if it's shaped like a boat, so much the better.

(Personal definition of insane thing : You have to bring AIR with you in a BOTTLE, back up to a boat floating alone on the ocean, or you'll DIE, with really nice pics on your camera.)

sagrzmnky

Cadet
Re: Why go with an I/O?

I have to pull the outdrive on my 4.3 and replace the u-joints, gimbal, and boots. I will let you know how I feel about them afterwards..lol