The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

Dunaruna

Admiral
We are overdue for a sit-rep Kevin. I'll send you a PM (hopefully it works!)

HorizonblueDK

Petty Officer 1st Class
I don't get any notifications when someone has posted a reply to a topic where I have posted also. In my user account, there are marks at the settings, that shoud give me e-mails when a reply to a topic is posted. When someone replies to this, I probably don't get a notification either..........

Allow me to repeat this.......

Got some interesting ones lately. "Error. Unable to contact server. Please try again. If this error continues, please contact site administrator."....that happened, when I clicked on Page 2 of my thread. If I refresh the page, it goes to Page 2. :facepalm:

Then, next error I get is when I try to respond to my own thread. "Edit Conversation. Empty Response." No amount of refreshing can fix that one. So now I can't respond to my own thread.

HorizonblueDK

Petty Officer 1st Class
No Title

Do you subscribe to all of the threads you reply to?

I was under the impression that if my settings are as on the attached picture, I would automatically subscribe to the thread when I post a reply, and get an email notification when someone else has posted a reply. I actually got an Email notification because someone replied in a thread I started, but I thought the notification came no matter if I startede the thread or not.

Attachments

• photo208270.JPG
    photo208270.JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 0

toneeees

Administrator
I was under the impression that if my settings are as on the attached picture, I would automatically subscribe to the thread when I post a reply, and get an email notification when someone else has posted a reply. I actually got an Email notification because someone replied in a thread I started, but I thought the notification came no matter if I startede the thread or not.
In previous versions of vBulletin you were automatically subscribed when replying to a topic. For some reason that feature was removed and now you must do it manually. You do receive notifications when someone replies to a topic you started.

HorizonblueDK

Petty Officer 1st Class
In previous versions of vBulletin you were automatically subscribed when replying to a topic. For some reason that feature was removed and now you must do it manually. You do receive notifications when someone replies to a topic you started.

OK, so I have to press the "+subscribe" button to get a notification when someone else posts a reply.

In my account settings, this message is written under the field, where one can alter settings regarding notifications.

"When you post a new conversation, reply to a topic or someone likes your post, you can choose to automatically receive email notification or select the frequency of email notification."

This information is not quite correct then..........

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
i dont want an email I just want it in my CP like on THT - hell every now and then someone posts on a thread I started about 7 years ago and i see it in my CP.

QC

Supreme Mariner
It ^^^^^^^^ shows up in "My Recent Posts" and in Notifications. The latter only if you subscribe. I wish that our posts automatically Subscribed us to the thread, but that doesn't happen. Again, My Recent Posts, does show replies, even to ancient threads. It is under your Username, top right.

Tell ya what, when you guys get it figured out, let me know. Not being able to post in my own thread is bollocks.

carholme

Rear Admiral
Frederic;

The whole site is bollocks but just wait for the do gooders as they will soon be on here telling you how well things are going and that they will be back, better than ever! Yeah. like that is going to happen anytime soon.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Frederic;

The whole site is bollocks but just wait for the do gooders as they will soon be on here telling you how well things are going and that they will be back, better than ever! Yeah. like that is going to happen anytime soon.
Your hollow attempts to incite trouble are not appreciated and absolutely not needed. If you do not have any constructive advice then stay away from this thread. Your complaints have been heard and reheard dozens of times when you tag along on the shirt-tails of other's who have a legitimate issue.

Consider this a public warning from a moderator.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Okay, I just looked, I understand and can see there is some weird glitch. [I tried to reply there and a few other tricks but they did not work.] I can not take any action today (Or this weekend) but I will contact the people in programming about it Monday.

Bob

Fun Times

Staff member
Bob, the thread is titled, "New to Me 1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210". You know how, when you scroll over the title of the thread, you get the beginning of the first post? I get "Internal Server Error".
Please know that the tech guys that should be able to fix this very unusual new problem is looking into it for us all. As we checked more into this earlier today, we found that you are not the only one experiencing this problem, the iboats staff is seeing it too. We'll definitely let you know if or when we find something to fix. Hang in there please.:)

undone

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I get this when I try to post in someone's thread "Empty Response" I thought maybe it had to do with the quality of the information I was trying to supply.