The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

NYBo

Admiral
Database errors, inability to flag posts, not to mention all the other things. This is getting old...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Database errors, inability to flag posts, not to mention all the other things. This is getting old...

We all suffer the same problems - On both sides of the street, members and Mods, NYBo. We are waiting for the next VB maintenance release and hoping.

On the post flagging, it was working last week - Got plenty of flags. I just tested and now it's not. Passed on to Admin for them to look at the error.

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The photo error is getting pretty bad. Can you just get rid of the "upload photo" option? That would force people to use PB, etc. Missing alot of good content.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
QC, its about as consistent as my golf game. sometimes it takes only a second or two to post. other times it appears to take 30+ seconds and I get a database error, then I have to refresh (F5).

still having that as well, including my early morning posts where there were not many users (and bots) on.

Consistently inconsistent.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Not sure what's changed in the last 12-24hrs, I have been surfing iboats from my android phone over this period, and Although not perfect, forum homepages, topic pages and my posts all seem to be loading error free AND quick as greased lightening..... And my private message homepage is too. Its slower then the rest, but is its loading and it's doing it faster too. Thanks IT minions ;)

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
QC, its about as consistent as my golf game. sometimes it takes only a second or two to post. other times it appears to take 30+ seconds and I get a database error, then I have to refresh (F5).

For what it is worth - that may be the best description of the problems plaguing this upgrade. Good one day and bad the next. And even "good" being a relative term. :D

jbcurt00

Staff member
Nope, now @phone too. And if I choose edit on my phone, it doesn't load the text of the post to be editted, its just a blank reply box

captmello

Captain
This may have been discussed already, but I can only search back 200 of my posts. I know of many great threads that go back further that I can't seem to reference and link to help people out. Whats up with that? Where's the "archives"?

GA_Boater

This may have been discussed already, but I can only search back 200 of my posts. I know of many great threads that go back further that I can't seem to reference and link to help people out. Whats up with that? Where's the "archives"?

Use the search/advanced search function with some key words. One of the things that has improved. But 200 is the limit.

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Nope, now @phone too. And if I choose edit on my phone, it doesn't load the text of the post to be editted, its just a blank reply box

I am having this problem consistently, too. Can't go back and edit a post with iPhone or iPad. Nothing shows up in the box of text to be edited.

nwcove

Admiral
has vbulletin washed their hands of the issues? havent noticed any changes/fixes for a stretch now? (not venting, the forum is still usable, just not what it could/should be after so much time has passed!)

GA_Boater

The next maintenance release is in beta testing now. It's up to VB when it goes to full release and iboats IT has to test it offline for a while before upgrading the Forums. The release we are on now didn't do much for our issues, but the iboats staff has made it workable.

Last edited: