The one and only OFFICIAL vBulletin Upgrade vent thread!!!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I get this when I try to post in someone's thread "Empty Response" I thought maybe it had to do with the quality of the information I was trying to supply.

Which topic are you trying to post in, undone?

GA_Boater

Thanks. It looks like we have a something stranger than normal going on. I'm notifying the support team.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Okay guys the problem is absolutely photo related. What photo hosting program do you use? The photos seem to be the kiss of death in the post. I did a bunch more looking this morning. This is specifically for Frederic Lynes

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Frederic - The topic that started this this has disappeared somehow. Then you first started the topic it was double posted and one of the duplicates was deleted. This has been restored, but it is only the initial post without the subsequent replies. And the restored topic has the same problem as the missing topic - cant post, edit or quote.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Carp, Fred broke the forum...... Geuss I'll have to go outside ;) Try using photobucket for pix, since the upgrade stuff started Its been fairly reliable way to post pix

jbcurt00

Staff member
Sorry to report I am unable to post a reply to your new Rogue topic.... OhoMo p

jbcurt00

Staff member
Wth? That's wad the 2nd post, 1st never showed up... Anyway, sorry Fred, no pix showed up in your new Rogue Topic and I am unable to post a reply. Got the same empty response error msg you were getying.....

Yeah, I get the same Empty Response too. I frigging give up. When you guys get it figured out, email me or something. I'm done wasting my time with this.

NYBo

Admiral
Yep, I also just tried to reply to your second attempt. No dice.:mad:

PitaBoat22

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Hi everyone. I am trying to view pages 2, 3 or 4 of my post "1983 Invader Floor Repair Support Needed" and I get an "internal server error". This message also pops up if I simply hover my mouse over the title of my thread. Has been going on for several days. Emailed the moderator and no reply....yet. I use photobucket to upload my photos. Any help / advice??

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I say we drag the guys from Internet brands to Disney and make them listern to its a small world until they fix their software

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
sounds odd. I've never had a viewing problem only posting - even when I use pics (which is only PB not local)

And just a funny - think about when all this does get fixed. Those of us that have found work arounds will have to find 'work arounds' for our corrected work arounds.

sure hope ya'll gettign a couple years free service from IB and VB. I get IT issues (from a corporate user standpoint) but this one is getting a bit protracted.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
sure hope ya'll gettign a couple years free service from IB and VB. I get IT issues (from a corporate user standpoint) but this one is getting a bit protracted.

I've been reading around the web about the experience of other boards who use vBulletin. Sounds like IB doesn't have a great track record of actually improving the software they've acquired; in fact, the more popular versions of vBulletin were several generations ago...

I worry about the affect this drawn-out process is having on the forums here. It seems like there are fewer posts than in the past, and the difficulties with posting, especially pictures, is really hurting the Resto forum. I feel pretty fortunate I finished my restoration before the upgrade. I don't know if I could have handled the frustration of learning to rebuild a boat AND the nonsense needed just to make a simple post.

I know the iboats admins and mods have done great work trying to make things work and to keep the ship righted, and I am very appreciative of their efforts. I just hope vBulletin gets their act together and actually puts out software that works. I'm not sure there's a lot of reason to be hopeful about that, though...

Chopperbill

Petty Officer 1st Class
If this is as good at its going to get going to give up on the iPad. It's a real pita on this and only this site.