"Save The Manatee "

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks for the link nm that was very helpful ! I need to guesstimate my weight.. But thinking a 12v /50 or even a 24v/60 . Would just have to find room for 2 batteries ...
Guessing full loaded around 2000 +/-

Last edited:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Started capping the stringers with a layer of 1708 .. All going smoothly .. 500 ml resin wetting out 3 50 inch strips perfectly . Applied the first 2 batches .. Ok mix up the last batch . Ok lets measure the mekp right hear in my little cuuuuppp...... hey already has 5 ml in the cup :confused:.......I didn't.. can't remember ...did I ??? noooway!!!!
S.....O.....B ...... :facepalm: 3 strips and 500 ml in the trash .... :mad: :lol:
93 in the shade down here ! Gloves filling up with sweat looking like a used.... well ....ya get the idea ..... :rolleyes:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
that sucks Sam......I think I accidentally threw away the mepk that came with my last 5 gallon kit in the heat of glassing the deck! :eek: I was looking for it last night and yesterday was trash day!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Started capping the stringers with a layer of 1708 .. All going smoothly .. 500 ml resin wetting out 3 50 inch strips perfectly . Applied the first 2 batches .. Ok mix up the last batch . Ok lets measure the mekp right hear in my little cuuuuppp...... hey already has 5 ml in the cup :confused:.......I didn't.. can't remember ...did I ??? noooway!!!!
S.....O.....B ...... :facepalm: 3 strips and 500 ml in the trash .... :mad: :lol:
93 in the shade down here ! Gloves filling up with sweat looking like a used.... well ....ya get the idea ..... :rolleyes:

Sam, I hear yea. The very first poly mix I mixed I used less then a .5% solution. Not sure how much less it was but way less, almost nothing in the MEKP additive, and that stuff took three days to cure. I have never forgot to mix the MEKP in but I have read a lot of interesting things about poly and MEKP. Seem the MEKP is there to only start a chain link reaction in the poly and the rest is self induced. So I get the impression that any type heat will make the poly linkup. Could try a hair drier and see if it cures up... I know a dumb idea...but wait I got more.... :facepalm:

Corjen1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Dont feel bad, I had a 500 ml batch of PB that I had squirted out of the baggie and smoothed with a spoon before I realized I forgot to add the MEKP....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Too bad you can't do like cyanoacrylate glue and spray on the instant cure spray...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks guys ! Now I feel like I'm not the only one that gets the occasional brain fart ..... Just glad it wasn't a pb mix though ... :pound:

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Dont feel bad, I had a 500 ml batch of PB that I had squirted out of the baggie and smoothed with a spoon before I realized I forgot to add the MEKP....

I did that one too.:facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Just goes to show we are all only human ... :nod:
Got a little done I guess ... All the stringers glassed over .. Transom capped with a layer of that really thick biaxle I had and a layer of 1708 .. Bilge bulkhead glassed in .. And this is what I have planned for the plywood edge bulkies ...

Gunna glass them with muti layers so they should be plenty strong ..
I also am doing a small experiment ... I threw a piece of blue foam and a piece of pool noodle in a bucket of water .. Lets see if they absorb water over some time ...

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Bulkies all glassed in ..

If I had a very long extension cord I could have an airboat ! :D

So , how do we determine where to place the console front to back ?

Dead center ?

zool

Captain
What? no vroom vroom sound video? :)

Dead center for sure, I had a side console whaler way back, and the blind spot to port was tough when the nose is up...she looks plenty wide for room around both sides...

jbcurt00

Staff member
Hmm i was thinking you were asking where fore and aft, center? Not port/starboard..

zool

Captain
Hmm i was thinking you were asking where fore and aft, center? Not port/starboard..

Yea, I guess the fact he said front to back should have gave it away lol :facepalm:... probably still center tho, so he has a cockpit.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
No boat motor sounds this time but the thought did cross my mind..;)
Sorry for not using the correct boat lingo .. Yes , fore and aft is what I'm not real sure about . I figured port/starboard was pretty cut n dry .. :lol:
I guess cable /steering length will come into play . But as a rule of thumb should the actual helm be dead center ?
Debating on screwing or just glassing the console down to the deck .. I need to figure how to run all the cables ... Not a whole lot of room under the deck ..