"Save The Manatee "

gm280

Supreme Mariner
WOW I do like the little troughs and how neat and clean your hull looks in preparation of the pour, which I am now really interested in seeing. Obviously you do take the time for details. I am impressed, and interesting in seeing because that may be the way I go for the next boating project. :thumb:

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Nice work and a belated Happy Anniversary Sam to both of you!:joyous:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Thanks kc ..
gm , thanks for the kind words .. All I can say if ya plan on using the stuff on another project just be prepared for the sticker shock . :eek:
IMHO thats the only drawback that I can think of ..

Ok , after further scrutiny and pondering about the ladder pad . I realized that 3.5 deg is only about 3/8" in 6" .. No form needed for that .I will just build that angle up with layers of glass after the pour .. Still making a hole plug to glass in though .. A little more head scratching .. A few minutes in my thinking chair ... No problem I just found another use for pool noodles . This one was a good 1/4" bigger than what I need for finished hole ..

Little problem if I mount the ladder tube square with the transom with the angle of the gunwale sides it would be kinda angled to the inside of the boat . So as you can see I needed to build the plug with an angled plate so to speak .

I know it looks funny but I think it will work out just fine .. :)
I also spread some resin on the bare noodle just to see if it melts it ..
Have a great Thursday everyone !

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Getting ready to get more supply's .. What else do I need the biaxle cloth on ? I only have a yard left ..

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Picked up another 5 gal and 7 yrds of 1708 .. The guy just started carrying 1708 5 bucks a yrd so I got that instead of the 1808 ..
I'm real close to being ready to pour . Got my ladder hole plug glued in and the sloped dams glassed in on the transom ..
Couple more little things and it will be ready ... :joyous:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Sam, I think I understand the hole plug, but not totally sure, Im sure it will make sense when I see it installed. What are the sloped dams? Sorry if I missed that in an earilier post, between work and the boat I am a little ditzy right now :crazy: Or maybe that is the poly fumes kicking in :bounce:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I basically need, for the recessed swim ladder, a 3" hole in the corner of the transom . I could have just poured then cut it out but I figured I would make a plug and save some seacast ... The dams are just where the transom goes from full height down to where the motor mounts .

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
I thought that was what you were doing on the swim ladder piece. The dams make since now, I've been working on an inboard too long :D

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Well if I can just find my paddle and drill I will be ready to pour ! I think my sil has it ....:rant:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
Hope you find it.....fixing to foam here! Looking forward to seeing your pour!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Bet you find it in the last place you look... :pound:

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
sam, did you put seacast spacers in the top of your stringer molds? Looked like it in the last video.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Got the smurfcast poured in ..

Working by myself but not to much trouble . Did end up being a little short . Prolly a gal and a half .. :grumpy:

Made a few vids on the go pro but the last couple did not down load for some reason . I,ll see if I can put something together to post ...

archbuilder

Vice Admiral
SNURF PUKE...SMURF PUKE....SNURF PUKE......looks great Sam! looking forwardd to the video! The pour is always a nice feeling!