RE: hijackin a thread

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
OB is great! We're looking for beach, water/air temps in the 80s and a little surf fishing... Sitting on the deck over looking the Gulf with a good cup of coffee. We keep it simple..... Normally go in Oct....

"LITTLE SURF" is right!! lol wimpy waves! I like Hatteras myself! OTB for sure (outer banks NC) and simple sounds familiar!

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
If I answer I'm staying on topic. Sorry - No can do. :)

not topic required... Am cleaning my windshield before applying RainX; yeah, it's going to in just a few. I hear, "it must be getting bad, not having a paycheck; you're using old add papers instead of paper towels"

Knowing you won't learn everything in school; as a child, I thought we were poor because of my parents always using newspaper instead of paper towels. You can't teach a new dog old tricks.... There's an app for that on your stupid smart phone!! :laugh:

aspeck

Staff member
Hope to go fishing with Reel Poor this summer. That should be fun ... at least I hope so ...

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
jigngrub can't remember such a good laugh as when you mentioned "putting tire tread on my hull"; that's my new favorite line when I see someone barreling through a turn :D

Just getting around to my Green Carp Boat! Unfortunately, it stays full of water much of the time, in my other garage with a big hole in the roof, a low priority... the work you're about to see was done in '98.
Still holding up; pieces of tire to buffer and push hull down, transom gussets etc welded w/stick aluminum, stainless hydrofoil HO-made, truck roll on bedliner for sound deadening and leak proofing, carpet (not shown) is laid in and bolted across the top for easy removal (hasn't been off in awhile

Fancy 2" jackplate; ya might can see the cracked transom clamp? That's why the bolts etc.http://

Transom mount trolling motor to bow - 40lb variable speed whisper quiet - es my stealth boat. Have a piece of aluminum diamond plate I lay on the carpet up front and sit on a cooler to pitch fastballs, sliders, and offspeed pitches to Bass

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Hope to go fishing with Reel Poor this summer. That should be fun ... at least I hope so ...

all I can do is to look forward.... didn't wet a line all last summer - everything was in breakdown... including me lol That might? have something to do with hitting stir crazy so soon!! Cabin fever, maybe I should knock out the walls :facepalm:

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
"LITTLE SURF" is right!! lol wimpy waves! I like Hatteras myself! OTB for sure (outer banks NC) and simple sounds familiar!

I did catch some slightly over head surf in Panama City once .. Lasted about a half a day right after a storm ..
Sorry was that too much on topic ?

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I did catch some slightly over head surf in Panama City once .. Lasted about a half a day right after a storm ..
Sorry was that too much on topic ?

yeah.... let's stay on topic or get booted by the mods! lol back on topic and speaking of storms, I hate that cabinet with all the plastic containers!! :fencing:that's me keeping 'em in

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
sorry about the buzzbait comment; i did find one tied to a poppin cork and the line broken off. No telling how that happened? Mighta been a monster fish or some idiot? Never seen that technique or heard of, whatever works I guess????

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Rain and thunderstorms tomorrow morning through Wednesday night.... typical

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Jrttoday, That would be a ridge reamer, or cutter. And no I did not read the box. I used them many times also. Still have the same one. But the Packers will make a comeback!

Last edited:

StarTed

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a couple of ridge reamers. What do they have to do with the time of day?

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I have a couple of ridge reamers. What do they have to do with the time of day?

to answer your ? and Grub54891 everything!! I'll probably use mine again before the Packers comeback??? who knows?
I figure a ridge reamer ties right in with this thread lol Don't any of y'all have some pics to share on here? i.e., nude pictures of boats or motors? lol naked fish are OK too :eek::D

jrttoday

Lieutenant Junior Grade
honestly, been a Packers Fan since I was a kid and watched #15 play. Betcha didn't know little goats watched football? Am an old goat now! and still root for 'em. But have other faves as well. Most around here are Saints fans... ehhhhhhh