NHL Playoffs

82rude

Rear Admiral
Looks like Dallas is in tuff bigtime.3-0 for the Blues at end of 1st period.

82rude

Rear Admiral
6-1 Blues!!!! All the top finishing teams are going by the wayside.Should be a better game tomorrow night I hope.Not that theres anything wrong with the blues,im starting to warm up to them.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
6-1 Blues!!!! All the top finishing teams are going by the wayside.Should be a better game tomorrow night I hope.Not that theres anything wrong with the blues,im starting to warm up to them.
Blues have the hot goal tending. Hot goal tending wins in the playoffs.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Blues have the hot goal tending. Hot goal tending wins in the playoffs.

Elliott has been outstanding. But the Stars missed at least three wide-open, close-in chip shots for goals, and the two Dallas goaltenders gave up 2-3 very soft goals. Dallas was impotent at both ends of the ice, and St. Louis took advantage of it. A weak effort by Dallas.

aspeck

Staff member
Game 1 tonight ... Lightening v Pens ... It's "A Great Day for Hockey!" Let's go Pens!

82rude

Rear Admiral
Game 1 tonight ... Lightening v Pens ... It's "A Great Day for Hockey!" Let's go Pens!

Should be some fast hockey tonight.That was the caps problem they couldn't keep up with the speed of the pens.Tampa wont have that problem as their Tasmanian devils also.Wouldnt mind seeing Phil hoist the cup so those idiots in Toronto get a little payback.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Now that Tampa Bays goalie is out, Penguins probably should win this series. Tampa Bay's goalie was hot and I had them winning this series before he got hurt. Now that I say that, will see how Vasilevsky does. He is actually a very good goalie too and did prove that last night.

Last edited:

82rude

Rear Admiral
His only issue and they proved it last night is he likes to stay down too much and for a guy as big as he is he looked really small in the net a few times.Nothing that cant be addressed by a good goalie coach.Blues have my support in the western fight.In the east Im 50/50 right now.Yeh I know ,wishy washie,lol.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Pens knot up the series 1-1 with TB on an OT winning goal by Sid.

Back to Tampa Bay for games 3.and 4.

aspeck

Staff member
Pens went up 2-0 and I thought, yep, this series is gonna be easy ... we are in the groove now. Lightening tied it up just as quickly and uh-oh, if the Pens don't win this, they are in a world of hurt! Pens pressed and outplayed TB both games, but goalie play and the bounces of the puck went in TB's favor. OT changed everything and 3 shots in, it was over. Series tied and Pens have momentum going to Tampa Bay.

angus63

Captain
My schedule and the playoff schedule are conflicting during the spring fishing season so I am missing alot of good hockey. Did catch the Pens highlights and sorry I missed the game!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
San Jose put a thumping on St. Louis tonight. Gonna be a tough series, I think...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
So who is watching the Pens and TB? Pens were kinda flat in the 1st period and came alive in the 2nd. Hagelin scored the only goal with 10 seconds left in the 2nd period. PIT up 1-0.

aspeck

Staff member
I missed most of the first. Saw most of the second. Pens sure did take it up a notch in the second!

aspeck

Staff member
Pens are looking gassed at start of the 3rd... Hope period 2 didn't take too much out of them... And Kessel scores! 2-0 Pens!