NHL Playoffs

aspeck

Staff member
And TB scores ... 2-1 ... 14 seconds between goals.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The Pens were up 2-0 for 14 ticks of the game clock. Now 2-1.

aspeck

Staff member
Kunitz! 4-1 Pens! Okay, it is TB that is looking gassed!

GA_Boater

TB put one more past Murray, but the Pens hold on for a 4-2 win. Pens lead the series 2-1.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Pittsburgh is looking pretty good, I think. And they haven't even need to call up Fleury. Murray's been looking strong.

aspeck

Staff member
Pittsburgh is looking pretty good, I think. And they haven't even need to call up Fleury. Murray's been looking strong.

At this point, if the Flower is healthy enough to play, I think he should be relegated to back-up role. Murray is playing inspired hockey and Fleury will have some rust from not playing for so long. At this point, don't mess u a winning combination. When the offense is pressing, they look unbeatable. When the offense sits back and tries to play defense only, it doesn't look too good. If Pittsburgh can keep shooting the puck like they have been, they will win 2 more and secure the chance at 4 more wins and Lord Stanley's Cup!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
At this point, if the Flower is healthy enough to play, I think he should be relegated to back-up role. Murray is playing inspired hockey and Fleury will have some rust from not playing for so long. At this point, don't mess u a winning combination. When the offense is pressing, they look unbeatable. When the offense sits back and tries to play defense only, it doesn't look too good. If Pittsburgh can keep shooting the puck like they have been, they will win 2 more and secure the chance at 4 more wins and Lord Stanley's Cup!

I agree. They are looking really good right now. I'd be happy to see them take the Cup.

GA_Boater

PIT is starting slow like the last game. TB is up 2-0, end of 1st period.

GO PENS!

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Pens 2nd period wassn't good. TB leads 4-0.

Daley was also hurt.

GA_Boater

Pens came up short. Scored 3 in the 3rd, just not enough tonight. Final 3-4, TB.

Series is tied 2-2.

GA_Boater

Murray has been pulled out of the Pens net and Fleury will start Game 5 tonight.

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Well the Pens game was scoreless until the end of the 1st when Dumoulin scored for PIT with 1 second left. In the 2nd, both teams scored twice, PIT was leading 3-2. In the 3rd, with a little over 3 minutes left, TB scored to tie the game at 3-3. :blue:

In OT, TB scored 53 seconds in. :eek: So now TB leads the series 3-2 and heading back to Tampa on Tuesday.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Tamp Bay is on a roll. Will be interesting if they can close it out at home. Pretty good considering it's their back up goalie!

GA_Boater

And Pittsburgh sat their back up goalie. Maybe Murray should have played. :noidea:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Fleury didn't play poorly, I didn't think. In fact, he made some incredible saves. I'm not sure about the OT goal, though. Was that a deflection or did he just miss it? Seems like one he might want back...

It's interesting watching the momentum shifting back and forth in this series. Some great hockey being played!

garbageguy

Lieutenant Commander
Sure is some great hockey! I thought San Jose looked unbeatable, but St Louis seems to have something to say about that

aspeck

Staff member
Pens just can't seem to put a who game together ... bits and pieces they look great, but other times look like they did at the start of the season. Need to win 6 games, and it needs to start next game!