NHL Playoffs

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I'm watching too many TVs. Missed the WAS goal. Dangnabit!

aspeck

Staff member
PP goal off the rebound. And another goal Washington ... Defense broke down ... Dumouline turnover and Williams scored for the Caps. 3-1 Caps with 9:40 left in the 2nd.

angus63

Captain
Pens Caps game tonight is fast and a great matchup! Hoping Caps win to extend the series.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Teams with the best/hottest goalie(as it normally is in the playoffs) are going to win this. Right now it's Tampa Bay in the East and St Louis in the West.

angus63

Captain
Caps Pens scheduled for 7pm Thurs eve. Gonna break the land speed record to get home in time for the puck drop.

GA_Boater

There won't be a game 7, Angus. No need to rush. :lol:

Tonight the faceoff is at 8.

aspeck

Staff member
Let's hope you are correct, GA ... The Pens need to win 9 more games, but that will be irrelevant if they don't win 1 more! Let 1 of 9 be tonight!

aspeck

Staff member
OT ... UGGGH! Blew a 2 goal lead ... gotta get the mojo back in the OT ... COME ON PENS!

aspeck

Staff member
What a crazy OT! Pens win the game and the series ...

GA_Boater

I wasn't worried. Well a little when the Caps tied the game, held PIT scoreless afterwards and went to OT. Whew!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Yep...Capitals are chokers! Some had them had them winning it all but most people knew better.

Last edited:

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
What a game! Pens looked terrible in the third period but came charging back in OT. Wow!

angus63

Captain
So much for optimism :grumpy:. Fished off the coast last night and missed TV coverage but heard some on the radio. Hockey is too fast for radio in my opinion. Made me dizzy listening and bobbing in six footers. No reason to steam home wide open tomorrow, gonna save some fuel. In-laws in VA are huge Caps fans and kept texting me updates too. Boy were they excited then disappointed.

Last edited:

aspeck

Staff member
Angus, that OT was almost too fast for TV (in slow mo) ... The Caps were so aggressive in the 3rd, and the Pens were on their heels trying not to loose (I HATE THAT ... aggression is what got you there, don't stop because you have a 2 goal lead). The OT was just the opposite, the Caps were on their heels as the Pens were relentless. I was exhausted just watching!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
That game really was playoff hockey at its best (except for the fact that the Blackhawks weren't in it!). Incredible, fast-paced play, two very different types of teams, and some outstanding goaltending. I'm not a Pens fan nor a Caps fan, but I was too keyed up afterward to get to sleep for an hour or two.

aspeck

Staff member
I am a Pens fan, JAS, and an hour ahead of you time-wise, and yes, sleep did not come quickly last night ...