New website style & color scheme ???

David Young

Chief Petty Officer
Scared me a little this morning, thought i might have had a mild stroke or something. The new colors are OK with me :)

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Speaking of land and water creatures instead of hippos... We have a few natives down here!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay, So I can stop trying to adjust my computer now. Whooo, I thought I screwed up something on my computer.

I have to say the front style is a lot thinner and a little more iffy to read. However, I am getting use to it.

I do have one issue that seems odd to my. When I type a comment, I use to get spell check to offer the correct spellings. Not any more. I get nothing with spell check now. So now my comments will make even more nonsense if that is even possible. :facepalm:

So that is a Hippo, I was thinking an Manatee. :noidea:

Lostinplace

Recruit
When I got the e-mail, I couldn't figure out what the heck that thing was. It does look like a cat ready to pounce.

Maybe they chose the hippo because when it gets your boat you'll be ordering a lot of stuff on iBoats to fix it.

I give it two weeks before they send out a free hippo hat with every order when no one buys them.

Seriously, great site, great service, so I can deal with the orange color and the hippo.

(I would have gone with the duckbilled platypus to show land and sea dominance, but that's just me. I'd but THAT hat)

Pusher

Lieutenant
Maybe they chose the hippo because when it gets your boat you'll be ordering a lot of stuff on iBoats to fix it.

(I would have gone with the duckbilled platypus to show land and sea dominance, but that's just me. I'd but THAT hat)

Maybe an iguana would work too. I sometimes feel cold blooded but I'm definitely not a vegitarian.
Can't do ducks, Wild Birds Unlimited wouldn't appreciate that.

Thalasso

Commander
I like the color combination. It's not hard on the eyes. It's softer on the eyes.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
For land and sea, I would suggest an outline sketch of a mid 50's suburban with a boat on the trailer next to a camp fire and tent and a deer across the hood To me that says. Camping/fishing hunting/boating. A hippo reminds me of something that eats a pumpkin and poohs a big cloud of "stuff"

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Gee no way that will go to the optometrist to be prescribed reading glasses to read the new color/font scheme. There's a huge color diffrence between the titles and what's written, including posts. Is it possible to darken the letter as used to be without changing anything. I'm sure more than one will thank you for that.

Years back my printed newspaper decided to brighten by half the font color in use, in one week lost 30% of its subscribers. A darker color font is much pleasent to read for the eye, less eye stress than a lighter one, same happens with books.

Happy Boating

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Was just thinking .... Instead of changing the whole logo and color scheme ... Why not just add Outdoors to the name of the company ?
Iboats Outdoors,com .. Doing that may have been more costly idk ... But the sailboat logo is just so much more classy logo than the hippo logo .
Just a couple penny's for what it's worth ..

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Gee no way that will go to the optometrist to be prescribed reading glasses to read the new color/font scheme. There's a huge color diffrence between the titles and what's written, including posts. Is it possible to darken the letter as used to be without changing anything. I'm sure more than one will thank you for that.

Years back my printed newspaper decided to brighten by half the font color in use, in one week lost 30% of its subscribers. A darker color font is much pleasent to read for the eye, less eye stress than a lighter one, same happens with books.

Happy Boating

This font really is hard to read - way too faint. I don't have really bad eyesight, just aging, (middle-aged) eyes. I spend lots of my time on the computer, and fonts like the are so tiring to read. I've spent some time using a couple different computers and an iPad, and it's bad on all of them. I really hope it is changed.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Up until today, every time I'd post, it would require me to post it...then it would say 'working' but never stop 'working' and required me to hit refresh for it to show up.
That isn't happening any more so that's good.
Yep noticed that as well.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Take that back. I'm showing working on another post, about thre kinutes thus far.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Any issues before the change are still around. Only the look of the forum has changed, not the software.

So if you had slow posting times before Friday, you will have them today.

You may ask ask "Why was it faster yesterday?" The forum was backed up and restored while changing over to the new theme. The database was basically cleaned up by removing temporary files and defragmented. As the forum is used the database will become fragmented and cluttered with temporary files again.

jakedaawg

Rear Admiral
I don't know if this is the place for this comment. But I have noticed that on my Samsung smartphone I don't get the little green arrow by the post that indicate that I have responded in those threads.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
on laptop, Chrome and about 10 minutes ago I posed to

http://forums.iboats.com/forum/other...d-i-get-a-deal

and still shows working. Several posts since, no issues. It's pretty random but not new. I became active here about the time of the last upgrade....

Do a page refresh when it seems to take too long. Yeah, 10 minutes is too long. F5 does a page refresh for most browsers.

This has been a random problem since the big upgrade to VB version 5.

Last edited:

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Yeah thats what i normally do orbjust close tab. I've not lost more than a couple posts by the restore has wo worked there

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
none of it is going to stop me (or most of us from the sound of it) from buying at iboats.

But as a sales/marketing guy, the hippo is bad. They're not even a north american animal. Gator. Turtle. Duck. Much better choices. I also like the silhouette of the camper pulling a boat or tent/boat type graphic.

Oh well. It's not my call.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Hey you can see the links now ... Much easier to read ... Thanks iboats !