New website style & color scheme ???

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
with my slight color blindness, this color scheme screws with my eyes.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
It used to be that when you clicked on the logo in the upper left, it brought you to the iboats store. Now it just brings you to the forum home. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
with my slight color blindness, this color scheme screws with my eyes.

It used to be that when you clicked on the logo in the upper left, it brought you to the iboats store. Now it just brings you to the forum home. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Both of these have been sent to the Admins.

I find the colors hard on my eyes as well, Scott

I think the logo link loop was an oversight, Bruce. The other store links on top are working as far as I've checked.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
My website rendering issues using Chrome were solved by dumping the cache and cookies.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Well the speed is good, the color scheme leaves a lot to be desired, the blue and orange clash. The font is lighter and more difficult to read unless I adjust the size of it, when then messes with the formatting. I understand the Hippo in the logo based on what the stated goal is.

iboats_tim

User
Hi all,

I appreciate all the feedback. I'll be making some updates to the color scheme so the text and links are easier to read and use.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Up until today, every time I'd post, it would require me to post it...then it would say 'working' but never stop 'working' and required me to hit refresh for it to show up.
That isn't happening any more so that's good.

Fishermark

Vice Admiral
Up until today, every time I'd post, it would require me to post it...then it would say 'working' but never stop 'working' and required me to hit refresh for it to show up.
That isn't happening any more so that's good.

Exactly. New site is working great. That's bottom line.

I think the hippo logo needs to be "re-thought." No objection to a hippo... but unless you're told it is a hippo it is hard to guess. ;)

tpenfield

Staff member
I might have missed a notification or something, but was this a planned change :noidea: or did someone hit the wrong button and go on vacation :) The site does work pretty well :thumb:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Texas_Longhorns-300x225.jpg

vs

logo1.0.jpg

Last edited:

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
No offense, it's not my website, but....the hippo thing does not make sense at all. If you're going to rebrand for "land and sea" do it 100%.

tpenfield

Staff member
Just got the email from iBoats at 2:30 pm EDT announcing the new site . . . yup, a Hippo :D check your email if you have not already.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I think the hippo logo needs to be "re-thought." No objection to a hippo... but unless you're told it is a hippo it is hard to guess. ;)
I can see a hippo... as well as a warthog, an owl and a cat facing away from you ready to pounce.... but then again, I'm a cat person.

Ads have to get your attention, interest and lead to an interpretation. The latter seems to be lacking.
How about a platter with steak and lobster on it... surf and turf anyone?!?!
But seriously, a boat anchored with a beach and camp set up in the distance might translate better. Kind of like this taken from here

A rendered ink sketch would be pretty cool

Boat%20Campers%20at%20Bad%20River.jpg

This is not my photo or blog page. I just found it while googling.

Pusher

Lieutenant
I was wondering what the update was going to be when I saw the maintenance last night around 8:30ish.

I still get delayed notifications or obsolete ones. If I click the notification and go to the post then hit the back button it will say there's a notification. I was getting notification issues like that without going "back" but that was before the update.