New website style & color scheme ???

tpenfield

Staff member
noticing a new style and colors on the website this morning. Not sure what is up . . . :noidea:

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
And what is that creature to the left of the iboats logo??? A hippo?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I thought it was just me suffering from a hangover.....seriously, the color scheme is a bit hard on my eyes, not sure anyone else.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
On the plus side, the site does seem to be running much quicker then normal.

ziggy

Admiral
noticing a new style and colors on the website this morning. Not sure what is up
ya, pretty hard to not notice since it's been blue and white at least since 04 when i started coming here. generally folks don't like change. but what do i care what colors they use. the info and people here are still wonderful.
as for whats up? perhaps their getting us ready for fall. Halloween colors.
i did notice that any links will be hard to notice as the links turn brown and the text is black. not much difference in color so we'll have to look close if a link is what were looking for.
On the plus side, the site does seem to be running much quicker then normal.
agreed. it does seem speedy this morning. that's a plus for sure.
fwiw, i'll stay here what ever colors they use. i like the people and rules here. just info and talk about boating. no negitive talk about anything. and that's hard to find this day and age with some much controversy every where ya look or listen.

keep up the good work iboats. though i did like the blue better. blue or green are my favorite colors. brown is pretty far down the list of colors that appeal to me. but that's me. and really what real difference does it make. i'll make it through the brown and orange i'm sure.

bajaunderground

Lieutenant
Looks like a Rhino...maybe a they were bought out by a large corporation and this is their logo?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
^^ Thats what I was thinking .. ^^^ No sign of the sailboat ... :suspicious:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I really do like the speedier site. It's faster on my laptop and on my phone. Nice!

And I'm indifferent to the color change. Brown and orange are like autumn, maybe?

I don't understand how the hippo relates to boating but maybe the new software is powered by Fat Hippo Electronics? I remember that company.

Now - the light colored "regular" font is difficult for me to read, both on my laptop and on my phone. The new bold of the unread topics sticks out nicely and I like that a lot. If they can darken the regular font, that would be awesome.

Thanks for that faster loading!

oldjeep

Admiral
Is that a hippo?

Only comment so far is it does load faster - still wish that the "responsive design" would pick the right layout before rendering on my phone rather than rendering one way and they changing it while I'm trying to click something.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Yeah it's a hippo, go to the store front page and watch the hangry hippo video, buy a hat... I have some iboats logo decals on my boat, not sure the hippo theme ones will ever make it there.

Color scheme kind of not my thing but it won't chase me off.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
The back to top button seems to work now, but still can't shop for sparkplugs on my tablet

aspeck

Staff member
iboats want to become your store for everything LAND and SEA! What better animal to represent both than the hippo? The new design will position the transition into ALL outdoor stuff (camping, hunting, etc). One thing all can agree on is that hippo and color scheme is DIFFERENT! We are all loving the speed and some of the changes in the design that give us more of the amenities we liked BEFORE the BIG update(?). Like most of you, I feel color and design are second to content and performance. With the new performance and all of our great posters, the packaging is made nearly irrelevant. Thank-you to all you wonderful posters and keep the comments coming!

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
The site does seem zippier and that is nice!

As for the appearance, I don't have strong feelings one way or the other re: the color scheme, but on a computer monitor, I find the new font harder to see. Reminds me of the new fonts Microsoft used with Office 2013. They seem fainter and not as clear to me.

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
Same issue as oldjeep. On my phone ( android 6) the main fourm page has all the forums push to left side of screen with maybe 60% of screen on the right blank, wasting pixels ;-) Well at least the trheads render fully. Hope this gets addresses.

I so like the responsiveness of the site. Very nice.