2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2010 Starcraft owners Get Together

Cool PGL! Where are you located? Would you mind updating your profile with that info? We SC guys like to know where everyone is from.

GM ezmobee,

i'm NOT at all sure how to answer that question. - since retiring from the Army, i have several residences (where i spend a month or more each year).

we have a family farm in Talco, TX, Sandra's house is in San Antonio, the family owns a beach place in Oak Island, NC and i have an apartment in Triangle,VA.
further, i spend way,way too many nights in motels/hotels (all over the place).
(i "travel for" our tribal government & represent the tribe in the US capitol area.)

at what point do i have to consider myself functionally "homeless"?
(CHUCKLE.)

yours, PG

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oak Island NC ! That's where my Starcraft used to live !!! Wow this is going to be like old home week:D Maybe y'all have met.;)

Captmills,

could very well be. Oak Island is NOT that big.

fwiw, i drive a 1985 (white) M-B 300SD - i think it's the only one in town.

yours, PG

Captmills

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry PG, you will have to forgive my warped humor, We plan to be at Lake Anna as well. Nice to know you spend some time in the great state of NC ! :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

GM ezmobee,

i'm NOT at all sure how to answer that question. - since retiring from the Army, i have several residences (where i spend a month or more each year).

we have a family farm in Talco, TX, Sandra's house is in San Antonio, the family owns a beach place in Oak Island, NC and i have an apartment in Triangle,VA.
further, i spend way,way too many nights in motels/hotels (all over the place).
(i "travel for" our tribal government & represent the tribe in the US capitol area.)

at what point do i have to consider myself functionally "homeless"?
(CHUCKLE.)

yours, PG

lol..love the functionally homeless comment..I can relate.
But home is where the boat is..

Welcome Aboard..or Abroad?

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Me thinks a lot of Washington State people will be comeing the way of S. C. Boeing move abouts. Heck ther is enough Airplane business to go around.

CheapBoatKev,

the H of it is that the Starcraft is in WV, (where i do NOT live any of the time!) at a friend's farm. - NOT "the most convienient place" for it to be,either!
(otoh, at Ed's place, nobody would dare to bother/steal it. - you'd have to know Ed to fully understand this.)

see you at Lake Anna.- hoping to have it restored by then. - i think that i bought a 1962 Homelite 55horse OB for it this afternoon, btw.

yours, PG

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Well prestige, I would bring it down for you but I'm dragging my SS down.

Jeff

wvmedic,

THANKS for the offer, but Sandra & i will drive up to WV, pick up the boat & head to Lake Anna.

as i said, i hope that the runabout/trailer will be totally redone (as opposed to restored - i'm going to "trick it out" for pure saltwater/Chesapeake Bay fishing, as i'm addicted to chasing rocks/stripers.) by then & that the Homelite is purring along nicely, too.
those big beasts are the only big/vintage engines that i know of that will quietly troll all day on 2-3 gallons of gas & not "miss a lick" & never even think of running hot- the designer of that engine was FAR ahead of his time, imVho.

yours, PG

bananaboater

Ensign

Who Hoo :D

Remember I wrote to Starcraft and told them about our gathering at Lake Anna? They replied!

Sent us 16 baseball caps with the Starcraft logo and wished us all well as we restore them.

If you want to thank them here is the marketing person.

Tiffany Troyer, Marketing
Starcraft Marine
PO Box 65
New Paris IN 46553

Now I guess I HAVE to get there. :)

Albert

JimbC

Chief Petty Officer

WOW that's great but is that all they don't want to come and see us or anything I mean what else did they say. One of those hats has my name on it right.:D:D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Who Hoo :D

Remember I wrote to Starcraft and told them about our gathering at Lake Anna? They replied!

Sent us 16 baseball caps with the Starcraft logo and wished us all well as we restore them.

If you want to thank them here is the marketing person.

Tiffany Troyer, Marketing
Starcraft Marine
PO Box 65
New Paris IN 46553

Now I guess I HAVE to get there. :)

Albert

Did ya happen to send Tiffany a link to the SC resto forum?
I can see her getting a LOT of emails with pics from a lot of us..I think I'll send her some pics right now....I bet I can figure her email address out..lol

bananaboater

Ensign

Here is my letter:

Marketing Division
Starcraft Marine
68143 Clunette St
New Paris IN 46553

October 10, 2009

Dear Starcraft Marketing Division,

There is an event coming up in June of 2010 that might be of interest to your company. It has to do with the longevity of your boats.

I am one of a group of individuals who have bought older Starcraft aluminum boats and restored them. We are in constant communication via the website iboats.com, in the Starcraft Boats forum area. We share ideas, processes, encouragement, and advice.

A while ago one of the members suggested we get together to meet and boat and share our Starcraft experiences. We are going to gather at Lake Anna, Virginia the weekend of June 26, 2010. Right now about 15 of us plan to haul our boats to Lake Anna; most are from the East Coast, but I will be traveling from Oxford, Mississippi. I am taking my 1964 Jet with a 1961 Merc 400.

We thought you might like to know about this event and explore how your company might participate. If you are interested, we would welcome the opportunity to discuss it.

Sincerely,

Albert Sperath

On behalf of the Starcraft boat restorers regatta in Lake Anna

Albert Sperath
703 Meadowlake Cove
Oxford MS 38655
662 513 0170

On iboats.com my moniker is bananaboater and you can see what I am doing with my Jet at

http://s860.photobucket.com/albums/ab164/bananabert/Boat/

Here is what the response letter says verbatim:

"Thank you for all your interest in Starcraft boats and putting effort and care into restore (sic) them. In appreciation we would like to share these hats with you and the other longevity members."

In my letter I tried to use the 'longevity" of Starcrafts and our restorations as a hook to try to entice them to go to Lake Anna. That did not work but I am pleased they acknowledged our existence and sent hats.

JimbC, I guess first dibs will go to those that meet at Lake Anna and if more than 16 show up we will need to go by those who signed up first.

Albert

bananaboater

Ensign

Forgot to include the sentence from Tiffany's letter;

"Keep up the good work!"

Will send a pic of the hat modeled by yours truly tomorrow after I shave. ;)

I am retired and saving money on razors. :D

Albert

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

We need a little less Al and a little more hat HAHAHAHA Just kidding. Thanks for the effort and I can't wait to put mine on :)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I've updated the attendee list. This is really gettin' good :)

Huron Angler

Admiral

Well I'd better throw my hat in the ring before all the hats are claimed:D...LOL

Roslynn and I will be attending and we may even be towing the yellow SS if all goes according to plan:)

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out. I can bring some venison sausage and Canadian beer(in Michigan we pay domestic prices for canuck brew;))

Thanks to all who've put in some work on this project...it's gonna be a blast:)

Also I happened to check out the starcraft gear on their site...guess they're into the tied-tied starcraft shirts too LOL:D

They actually have some sweet merchandise in there, maybe some door prizes/raffles?

P10_TS_451966_1.jpg