1995 Crownline225 br restoration

boatman37

Lieutenant
what kind of phone? i have had success a few time with iphones by filling o bowl with rubbing alcohol and taking the phone apart and putting the pieces in the alcohol for a few minutes. take it out and let it air dry for a few hours (or overnight) and reassemble. i have done this 4 or 5 times and it has worked every time. the digitizer (screen) usually looks 3D after that but it should at least let you get your pics and still be usable

That sux! I guess it wasn't backed up on the cloud. I will be glad to share any measurement I have that might be the same on your boat. Hope you can figure out a way to recover them.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks guy's , it's a samsung galaxy s4 . I had around 300 pictures on a thumb drive , but had about 140 pictures that I didn't put on the drive yet. Thanks Mike for the offer I think I'm going to be okay. But i might have a few questions for you down the road. I guess 6" of water isn't that bad compared to 200'. That sux. As for boatman37 and WOG . Itook the screws out of my phone, and that's as far as I got . I' m a DIY guy , but not with a little phone . I'd make it worse. I'll stick to construction and boat restoration.

boatman37

Lieutenant
i haven't done an S4 but its all electronics. you may be able to soak it assembled. if it isn't working anyway then worth a try

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Okay I'm ready to put in a order. I need to know what you guy's think!!! 1. 15 gallons poly resin 2. 35 yards CSM 1.5 oz 3. 1708- 50" wide 15 yards woven with 3/4 oz mat stitched to the back 4.2- 4LB containers cabosil 5. 100- 1 quart mixing container 6. 25- 2.5 mixing containers 7. Rollers brushes

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can anyone tell me how smooth the hull needs to be for tabbing in the stringers? What grit sand paper would you use?

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I finally got photobucket to work. So now every one can see what I'm asking. 20150921_175505_zpsujigpze3.jpg

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I need to sand all this down , but I'm not sure how smooth or how rough it can be.20150921_175612_zpsen5lme78.jpg

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
I would say to sand it till it's gone/level. Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I'm thinking the left side here is still going to be part of the transom. I'm guessing it's all going to come out.20150921_175528_zpsjjiht3ki.jpg

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I drilled holes in the transom around the opening about 4" to the left and got good wood. but had water on the drill bit. And of course when I drilled the motor mounts , I got rotted wood.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I never realized how tough fiberglass was until I had to take it out . Yeah I'm gonna take it done as close as I can . But in some places I can't grind all the way down to the hull. Not sure rite now.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
JameO,
Welcome aboard and real nice project. Especially the little helpers! Kinda catching up anf the work looks great! Like you said...grind away as much as possible. There are no survivors to the woods in the boat.
Yup...your gonna grind it all out a pc. at a time. Take alot of pics, ask alot of questions, keep the pics, dimensions for your references cause sometimes things just take a little longer than you think and the pics bring it back to ya especially after all the mess is cleared out. You'll get it figgered out. :joyous:
Best of luck and will keep popping in now and then.!

45Auto

Commander
Looks like you're doing a great job. You'll have a nice boat when you're done.

I have a 2003 225BR, let me know if you need any measurements or pics.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks KC.I'm gonna keep working at it, and taking pics. Thanks a lot too 45, Your offer means a lot, especially with this big project and loosing pics.I'm thinking the stringers and deck aren't going to be done before the temperature drops. There's just not enough time in the day.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It's been a while since iv worked on the boat project. I just haven't had time. My dads house burned down a couple of months ago. We built that house together, it took us several years. We were just about done,when it burned down. If it wasn't bad enough with the house , there rottweiler didn't make it out. So now the kids baseball season is over. It's time to get back to the boat. I can't believe how much I forgot about the boat , and what I need to do.I'm trying to figure out what I need to do the fiber glass. Because of course my note pad was at my parents house.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The note pad with all my measurements for my boat project went up in smoke.