1995 Crownline225 br restoration

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Truly sorry guys I've been very busy , and just getting a chance to get back on the computer. tpenfield I just can't get over these resin prices.Well as far as the engine goes it wasn't as bad as I thought . Fuel filter mount,distributor cap, little carburator damage. that's all i found so far. elitetool glad to hear of another crownline gonna be brought back to life. I will definitely keep a list and prices of materials, and where I got them. Iv'e seen frisco boater's youtube videos , they are very helpful . There's a lot of inspiring stories here on iboats , look up corjen1 WOW. Sorry it took so long for me to get back , I'll keep posting . Shawn where's your pics??? Me and the boys got some work done today. I had to stop working and make them dinner. Watching redskins game now . LETS GO SKINS !!!!!!!:rockon:

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
20150829_145915_zpsaznmwwrk.jpg There is not a 6 year old or a 3 year old out there that work harder than these two boy's.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
20150829_185551_zpsmyyqggu3.jpg They clean up the mess in the boat better , than they clean up there toys in the house.Works for me.

elitetool

Cadet
Truly sorry guys I've been very busy , and just getting a chance to get back on the computer. tpenfield I just can't get over these resin prices.Well as far as the engine goes it wasn't as bad as I thought . Fuel filter mount,distributor cap, little carburator damage. that's all i found so far. elitetool glad to hear of another crownline gonna be brought back to life. I will definitely keep a list and prices of materials, and where I got them. Iv'e seen frisco boater's youtube videos , they are very helpful . There's a lot of inspiring stories here on iboats , look up corjen1 WOW. Sorry it took so long for me to get back , I'll keep posting . Shawn where's your pics??? Me and the boys got some work done today. I had to stop working and make them dinner. Watching redskins game now . LETS GO SKINS !!!!!!!:rockon:

I put her in the water once a month ago and she bogged down and stalled as soon as we got out of no wake zone. Rebuilt the carb and am trying to get her in the water 1 time before taking her home for deconstruction. This holiday weekend should be my only shot as travel baseball and soccer will consume my weekends until November. I will be rebuilding everything but the motor so this sea trial will give me insight on the engine. I'll start tear down shortly after. You're paving the way for me here! You're doing great, keep it up.
Shawn

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My boy's made me proud again on Sunday. They worked there butts off, and we got all the foam out, and cleaned up. I can feel the fiber glass itches coming on. Can't wait!!! 20150830_163041_zpszzyatfzu.jpg

Attachments

• 20150830_163041_zpszzyatfzu.jpg
    20150830_163041_zpszzyatfzu.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Congrats on the hard working boys!!! Teaching them how to work now will pay off BIG TIME later on!!!! Seems like nowadays a lot of the youngn's are losing the "Work Ethic". Nice to know it's still being TAUGHT!!!! Good on ya!!!!!

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks WOG!!!!! I completely agree!!!! Some kids today just don't have it. And they just don't get it. A big part of it is internet, video games, and TV. In moderation is okay, but not all dag gone day on the internet, and video games. they need constructive things to do. And taught at a young age hard work pays off. I'm instilling in boys what my dad taught me. My neighbors and and a few other people think I'm crazy for attempting this boat project, it's a lot of work they say.I tell them I'm not scared of a big project and a lot of work . My boys hear this , and I look at my boys and ask them are you scared to do a lot of hard work, and they say NO!!! And these people look at me like I have three heads. My boys will see what hard work will get them when this project is done. Sorry had to vent. I've had enough of pessimistic attitudes. And these kids with no work ethic's. And people that just don't want to work hard. Thank's again woodonglass!!! Can you tell you hit a nerve:mad-new:​

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
OH YEAH!!!! You can come visit my house ANYTIME YOU WANT and bring da Boys witcha!!!!!

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I new i wasn't the only one that felt that way.And they have no respect for anyone either. Back to boating talk tomorrow . Getting ready to get plywood this weekend. And also hopefully put in an order for glass and resin:thumb:

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
20150908_171956_zpsoyuvsktn.jpg I finally got the gimbal housing off, and the last little bit of the deck out.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
It took a lot longer than it should have , but hey it's out . You live and you learn. 20150908_171831_zpscqxmluen.jpg

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Now what's the chances of the the transom, NOT being rotted? Any bets out there? Any one?

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Taking the pictures is about as far as i wanted to go. tpenfield slim and none is rite,the odds are against me. This is one thing I was really hoping I didn't have to fix.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
When it comes time to remove the transom, use your circ saw set to just shy of the depth of the wood. cut a bunch of kerfs in the wood about a 1" grid. You can then use a chisel to remove the wood easily. It really works well.;)

Going to be a sweet boat when your done. I'm going to be tagging along and I'll share any tips I come up with during my project. Good luck can't wait to see the finished product.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks WOG. That's a good idea. Mike your gonna have a heck of a nice boat as well. Tips are always useful thanks. I'll be checking out your progress keep posting.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Latest and greatest I was working on the boat this last weekend. Cutting out the cap up front of the boat . And went to take a picture of what I had done and Couldn't find my phone . When I finally found it . It was in 6" of water . I lost over 140 pictures of the work on the boat that I needed.

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
I feel your pain with the phone. I lost all my pics on my phone also to about 200 feet of water a month ago.