1995 Crownline225 br restoration

Tnstratofam

Commander
So sorry about the fire and the loss of your dad's home and your dog. Hope the rest of the summer and the boat work goes better.

rlb81

Seaman
Sorry to hear of the sad circumstances. I would be heartbroken to lose my dog in a fire, but thankfully all of the people made it out unscathed. Hopefully getting back to the boat can take your mind off of it.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks guys, it's been tough. My parents were not home at the time of the fire. I'll spare you the details on the rest of the story . You can never have enough insurance.

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
So this last weekend I tore out the transom, and what I found was fibers that look like they may not have had enough resin. When I started grinding on these spots fibers began to fly. On the sides of the the transom I was ok with, but these spots are down near the hull as well. Has anyone seen this before??? You can see on this picture on the left and right and at the bottom.

Jarcher3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Wow this is a cool project. i really like the look of the Crownline boats. So I'm really excited to see what you can do!

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks Jarcher3 ,it's alot of work. I'm trying to work on it every chance I get. I kind of ran into a road block , I dont know why this transom is like this. I'm waiting on the experts to chime in , to figure this out .

mjf55

Chief Petty Officer
JameO, very nice work. Sorry to hear about your string of bad luck. Hopefully it's over. It nice to have kids that want to help out. They will go far in this world. Congrats on raising them right.
Back in Sept you mentioned being ready to buy the resin. Did you? Reason I ask is I have heard of a limited shelf life of poly resin and hardner. Maybe one of the experts can elaborate on it. Just something to think about. I have a gallon of resin and also want to know
Good luck on the endeavor.

elitetool

Cadet
Hey Jameo, I'm doing my 94 225 crownline and I'm right where youre at now. I took a bunch of pics and I have a bunch of measurements if you need them. I guess I should start my own thread. Let me know how I can help.
Shawn

JameO

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks mfj55, no I didn't get a chance to order resin in September.Things kept comming up and it got to cold. I feel bad for the boys they want to work on the boat . There good workers and they want it done just as much as me.I'm working on it every chance I get. Yeah I heard about the three month life spand of the resin. Thanks elitetool I may have to take you up on your offer. Start your own thread , and I'll be following along. I'd really like to see your build . I'm not sure why I had to grind out so much of my transom. I guess I'm going to fill in the spots that I had to grind out . I still have to grind out about 6" of the bottom of the transom down at the hull. It's atleast a 1/4" deep in the transom that the fiberglass is no good . If anyone has any input or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

rlb81

Seaman
JameO if you tag one or 2 of the pros (just throw an @ in front of the name) they'll get a notification and just might drop in to give an opinion on that transom