1986 ss 201

Status
Not open for further replies.

dozerII

Admiral
Re: 1986 ss 201

Pictures as promised. As I strarted this morning:

Morefoam002.jpg

Scraped out all the little bits, removed the short stingers adjacent the motor stringers to get that foam out, and then vacumed up the mess

Morefoam005.jpg

The rot in the transom on either side of the motor

Morefoam007.jpg

Morefoam006.jpg

Morefoam003.jpg

Now I can start on the motor, removal, then the transom.
Glen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Great work getting all that foam out!

I think 3 more weeks of picking I should have mine cleared:rolleyes:

InMotion

Commander

You can really see how deep she is... especially up front. What a load of work man. No wonder your arms were sore!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Looking a lot better now. And probably smells fresh as a daisy instead of gas. ;) Did the tank suffer from living in soaked foam?

dozerII

Admiral

Great work getting all that foam out!

I think 3 more weeks of picking I should have mine cleared:rolleyes:

Thanks Jason, I know the way you work, more like 3 days and you will have the foam out.

Looking a lot better now. And probably smells fresh as a daisy instead of gas. ;) Did the tank suffer from living in soaked foam?

It sure does GA, no more fowl smell. Tanks looks real good, I preasure washed it and found now corrosion.
Glen

dozerII

Admiral

You can really see how deep she is... especially up front. What a load of work man. No wonder your arms were sore!!

Ya Jim she is real deep, from the keel to the top of the consuls is 40"s. Lots more work for the arms today. Here is the progress.

Easiest motor I've ever pulled, Three cables, one plug, 5 hose clamps, one 3/8"bolt and four motor mount bolts. I would say I found this easier than pulling an out/board off.

Motorcomesout001.jpg

Motorcomesout002.jpg

Motorcomesout003.jpg

Motorcomesout004.jpg

Motorcomesout005.jpg

dozerII

Admiral

A few more, also got the inside pressure washed and degreased.

Motorcomesout006.jpg

Motorcomesout008.jpg

Motorcomesout009.jpg

Motorcomesout010.jpg

Motorcomesout012.jpg

InMotion

Commander

Now that ladies and gentlemen is how to pull a motor out! Love the crane action... that is a must for every backyard shop!!!!

Nice work as per usual glen... you'll have the transom out in no time.

Jim

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Oh man! Woudja look at that! Here I am rigging trees and Glen has massive hydro power sitting right there on his property, so cool man! Excellent!

dozerII

Admiral

Now that ladies and gentlemen is how to pull a motor out! Love the crane action... that is a must for every backyard shop!!!!

Nice work as per usual glen... you'll have the transom out in no time.

Jim

Oh man! Woudja look at that! Here I am rigging trees and Glen has massive hydro power sitting right there on his property, so cool man! Excellent!

One of the perks of working from home and being a picker operator. Jason do you see any trees in any of my photos? When you live on the bald arse prairie you have to use what you have.:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah, those shrubs back behind the SS wouldn't make for a very strong natural gantry eh:rolleyes:

That's interesting how those consoles are just riveted right into the gunwales. Doesn't even look like they are sagging any suspended out in mid air, they must be solid;)

dozerII

Admiral

Yah, those shrubs back behind the SS wouldn't make for a very strong natural gantry eh:rolleyes:

That's interesting how those consoles are just riveted right into the gunwales. Doesn't even look like they are sagging any suspended out in mid air, they must be solid;)

Shrubs is right, Ya I'm still trying to decide how to handle the consoles. They were covered completley with vinyl then installed in the boat. I,m pretty sure I can redo the boat with out removing them, but changing the vinyl will be the challange.
Glen

dozerII

Admiral

DEMO IS DONE transom is out. If it were not for the pour foam going right to the transom it would not have needed replacing, Oh well we all know what kind of crap the foam is.
Glen

dozerII

Admiral

At this pace she'll be water ready by next weekend! You are on it, nice job.

Not even close JD, I need to work flat out for months just to pay for the supplies to finish this boat, let alone the actual task.
Glen

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Yah buddy you are moving way fast, great work!:)

I hope to catch up to you tomorrow (completing demo).

dozerII

Admiral

Yah buddy you are moving way fast, great work!:)

I hope to catch up to you tomorrow (completing demo).

Good on ya Jas, but if your planning on a race, your gonna beat me cause I still have the 18 water ready and the lake is calling. Besides if I finish this one as fast as the others what will I do this winter, NO NO NO NO, now I know what your thinkin!!:facepalm:

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

No way man, not racing with you!

I got a deadline, so I feel like I'm racing myself eh.

Yah, having that 18er ready for action and the long winter ahead, you may be wise to boat now and work later;)

InMotion

Commander

DEMO IS DONE transom is out. If it were not for the pour foam going right to the transom it would not have needed replacing, Oh well we all know what kind of crap the foam is.
Glen

So you're saying that you love the foam... right?!!:D

Man, one thing begets the next... good job man. Good job. At this point, at least you know exactly what condition everything is in --- for good or bad.

Jim

dozerII

Admiral

Ya love it Jim, yuk. Now I have to put a list together, and take a little trip across the border to Montana to pick up materials, way cheaper.
Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.