Stolen boats falls from trailer!

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stolen boats falls from trailer!

I'd be PO'd if I came to pick up my new boat and it got stolen. What a way to ruin your life, he should have gone to another dealer.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

People are crazy is the only thing that comes to my mind. At least no one was hurt in this stunt! Boats, no matter how nice, can be replaced, people can't.

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

When I first saw that video I thought to myself....."Don't they, Didn't they, or Could they make more than just one of THAT Boat?" The buyer outfitted it to his likings, Was it impossiable to duplicate?.....Loss for words..:confused:

Fish

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

When I first saw that video I thought to myself....."Don't they, Didn't they, or Could they make more than just one of THAT Boat? The buyer outfitted it to his likings, Was it impossiable to duplicate?.....Loss for words..:confused:

Fish

Needed "Instant Gratification".

Jeep Man

Commander

See.........what did I tell ya.....Boats will drive ya crazy

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well he wanted to buy that boat and I guess he just did. He might be a little disappointed with the hull condition however.

Provo5

Seaman

Instead of buying a boat for himself he will pay for attorneys.

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class

I guess this new boat will send him up the river. I know bad pun.

lowkee

Lieutenant Commander

I just don't understand.. what did he think the outcome was going to be?

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

And just think, this guy could have been out on the water with you:eek:

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

I don?t know if anyone caught the last few words of the report ?working with the new owner to get it in the water? WOW, I?m glad I wasn?t in the room with the ?new owner? when he found out he?s has to keep this wreck!!:eek:

htv

Seaman

I don?t know if anyone caught the last few words of the report ?working with the new owner to get it in the water? WOW, I?m glad I wasn?t in the room with the ?new owner? when he found out he?s has to keep this wreck!!:eek:
My thoughts exactly! Me thinks the police will be getting another 911 call from that location.:cool:

skargo

Banned

I don't know, most car dealerships are not responsible for thefts on their property, if someone other than the dealership owns the vehicle. If all the paperwork was done and funds exchanged, the customer assumed ownership, and may have to rely on his own insurance to make him whole once again.
Seems like an interesting case, I hope we hear what the outcome ends up being.

brianvolt7

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe the "new owner" can get a cash for clunker deal:rolleyes:

FishyFish

Chief Petty Officer

If all the paperwork was done and funds exchanged, the customer assumed ownership.

Has anyone noticed, that when you buy a new car, Papers completed, funds signed over, that your Salesperson or Finance officers watches and waves to you as you leave the lot? I think it's understood that you assume ownership when and after you take said vehicle off of the lot. (Sure, they are nice people and all but they are making sure you leave) If the boat was new and the dealer was completing the outfitting, I think the buyer could expect the boat that he purchased. Now if the boat was on the lot due to maintenence or installation of some kind...well that may be an insurance call.
I don't know, I maybe wrong.

Fish

jonesg

Admiral

I don't know, most car dealerships are not responsible for thefts on their property, if someone other than the dealership owns the vehicle. If all the paperwork was done and funds exchanged, the customer assumed ownership, and may have to rely on his own insurance to make him whole once again.
Seems like an interesting case, I hope we hear what the outcome ends up being.

Had not taken delivery.

fishrdan

Admiral

Has anyone noticed, that when you buy a new car, Papers completed, funds signed over, that your Salesperson or Finance officers watches and waves to you as you leave the lot? I think it's understood that you assume ownership when and after you take said vehicle off of the lot.

Yup, I bought a truck once and had 2 vehicles at their lot, told them I would be back in the morning to pick up my new truck. They were really helpful getting my new truck off their lot. 10PM and 2 of their staff drove 30 minutes away to get my new truck to my house, and into my possession.