1972 Marinette 32 sedan Fly bridge removal and restoration of boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well I had rotator cuff surgery today, they also worked bicep tendon and a few other items in my left shoulder. I am a lefty. My restoration project is on hold for the next 4 to 9 months till I am recovered and able to get back to it. this isn't over I will get there

WZ

Last edited:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
She isn't going anywhere, WZ. You can stockpile parts while you're healing and dream! Take care.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Get a good chair, I see some sittin' and thinkin' time in your future.

Hope it heals correctly and ya get back on the project as quickly as possible.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
that's the plan, just going to step back and start doing some planning. I am also going to go ahead and buy a plasma cutter. The Thermal Dynamics? Cutmaster? 52 Plasma Cutter. just going to get and be done with it.

alldodge

Staff member
Yep the boat will wait, you'll be back at it before ya know it.

That's a pretty nice cutter your looking at http://www.weldersupply.com/P/459/ThermalDynamicsCUTMASTER
1-5130-1vic.jpg

Says it cuts from .50 to 1.25 inch. Question: If the minimum is .50 does it cut ok with thinner stuff?

Mikeopsycho

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Darn, what a shame. I hope things heal up as quickly as possible for you. 4 to 9 months...yikes! Lots of time to ponder the project and we'll be here to cheer you on when you can get back to it. Take care.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Best wishes for a speedy recovery WZ. You can always go out and make motor boat noises while pondering over that great big beauty.

kcassells

Fleet Admiral
Good luck on the rehab! Do take it easy. Rotator cuff/surgery is the easy part. Telling yourself NOT to lift things and pop that catstring that attached to the cuff and sinews is the hardest part.
I had one done and I popped it 2 mos. later thinking I could lift a box up over my head. Or was I in a particular odd position, doesn't matter. It popped.
Now I have a second head/bump sitting on my shoulder that always lets me know it's there. Doctor was pissed at me and called me alot of things I can't put here. So I hope you get the import of...."Do take it easy and slow."
Boat can wait.

pckeen

Commander
Yes, when a doctor says 'don't do XXXX for YYYY months', it means just that, NOT 'don't do XXXX for YYYY months unless you happen to be feeling better and think you know better than me'

Get well first. That marinette ain't going anywhere.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the warnings, I plan on doing exactly what I am told by doctor

Willyclay

Captain
The older I get, the younger AND smarter the doctors get. Sorry about your medical issue. Get well and dazzle us some more with your project!

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The rehab on the shoulder is going great! I have nearly full range of motion back. The doctor howver reminded me that even though I am way ahead of schudule as far as movement goes the repair itself is still vulnernable for another 3 months. Lord this is killing me... I have my 22ft boat that has not moved once this year because of this damned injury. Still I will be a patient patient and just wait. Then I will get after it.

WZ

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I was hoping for splash pics, WZ. :eek: :lol:

Waiting is the worst thing. Glad you're heeding the docs advice.

Is the neighbor lady still ticked since the Marinette is just sitting idle?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
you can at least sit in it and make motoring noises

dozerII

Admiral
Great to see you on the mend WZ, take it easy and enjoy all your planning time.

pckeen

Commander
If you have to do something, start sourcing used parts on ebay....or look for a donor boat. .... something like the Titanic.

WeldZilla

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Getting closer and closer on this shoulder. Rehab has gone great. I missed a great summer and a fantastic fall salmon run in the lower Columbia River but, its all worth it if I get my shoulder back to at least near full strength.

WZ​

Status
Not open for further replies.