New Owner!

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
New Owner of a used 75 Glastron Tri-hull, paid $100 for it and the trailer, need to re do carpet and little things, need a motor but for the time being gonna do what i do with my 74 starcraft tri-hull, just use the trolling motor, it has one mounted on the front but i dont think it works. will post pics tomorrow.

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: New Owner!

heres the pics, she just mainly needs cosmetic work.sorry if you have to scroll over to see the pics i dont know how to fix that.
1219011334b.jpg
1219011334c.jpg
1219011335.jpg
1219011335a.jpg
1219011334.jpg
1219011334a.jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Here's how you upload your pics from your PC to Photobucket and resize them.
Click the upload button, then Click the Bulk Uploader link on the next screen then click the more options link and in the window choose the 640 x480 otion and then click save. Then choose the pics you want to upload. they will be loaded into photobucket at that resolution and will be perfect for iBoats.

ResizingPhotobucketPics.jpg

jpormen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

not bad for 100, i notice your from anderson indiana, im just down the road in muncie!

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Here's how you upload your pics from your PC to Photobucket and resize them.
Click the upload button, then Click the Bulk Uploader link on the next screen then click the more options link and in the window choose the 640 x480 otion and then click save. Then choose the pics you want to upload. they will be loaded into photobucket at that resolution and will be perfect for iBoats.

ResizingPhotobucketPics.jpg
Thankyou.

not bad for 100, i notice your from anderson indiana, im just down the road in muncie!
Not at all, really? thats awesome shoot me a pm
hi.....

great boat......i grew up on one just like that...

my buddie rebuilt one.......here is everything you want to know about the inner workings of the boat !

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=231007&highlight=pic+work
hey thanks! i could use the info im sure.

kfa4303

Banned

Well worth $100! Can't wait ot see what you so with her. Congrats!

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well worth $100! Can't wait ot see what you so with her. Congrats!
Thankyou! and by the way guys i originally posted saying i didnt think that trolling motor on the front worked, the first time i tried it i didnt realize there was an on/off switch, it works! so yeah shes defiantly worth $100 since the motor works.

Pmccraney

Lieutenant Commander

Great boat... Here is some inspiration for you:

9091|0000039e7|45f0_orh100000w470_Glastron-GT150.jpg

kfa4303

Banned

Thankyou! and by the way guys i originally posted saying i didnt think that trolling motor on the front worked, the first time i tried it i didnt realize there was an on/off switch, it works! so yeah shes defiantly worth $100 since the motor works.

.......yeah I hear it helps to turn them on. LOL. Now you just need to track down a motor. Most folks here like vintage (mid 50's - mid 70's) OMC (Johnson/Evinrude) motors. They're plentiful, cheap, reliable and easy to work on with tons of parts still available. I'm guessing she could handle up to about 40-50 hp motor, but a nice 35 hp should also push her along just fine. Cheers!

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

.......yeah I hear it helps to turn them on. LOL. Now you just need to track down a motor. Most folks here like vintage (mid 50's - mid 70's) OMC (Johnson/Evinrude) motors. They're plentiful, cheap, reliable and easy to work on with tons of parts still available. I'm guessing she could handle up to about 40-50 hp motor, but a nice 35 hp should also push her along just fine. Cheers!

lol it really does help. and on the ribbed plate inside the boat says max is 85HP ;), but i just want about a 40hp.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Great boat... Here is some inspiration for you:

View attachment 125742

LOL......that was a world record boat jump.......glastron was the only boat that could handle the stress !!!!!!

they used 30 different boats in that movie......and still the best boat chase on film today !

Cheetah 210es

Petty Officer 1st Class

I recently found 1 of those with a 70hp loopcharged johnson thats missing L/U. Boat needs a floor and stringers and transom and seats and carpets and...............
Maybe I should place a "needs a little TLC ad on C/L" must be good for $1200?
Trailer is suprisingly good though
Comes complete with FREE Poplar sapling.

Skagen

Seaman

Had one of those. Your transom is likely worthless. I didn't find the rot on mine until I was 15 miles downriver from dock and the transom split all the way down to the keel. Luckily, I'm a believer in the mantra, "be prepared," so I had tons of rope and even some ratchet straps. Managed to hoist the engine back up into position and get all the way back to the dock. I'm now infamous at my local marina as the guy who tied his engine to his boat....

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Had one of those. Your transom is likely worthless. I didn't find the rot on mine until I was 15 miles downriver from dock and the transom split all the way down to the keel. Luckily, I'm a believer in the mantra, "be prepared," so I had tons of rope and even some ratchet straps. Managed to hoist the engine back up into position and get all the way back to the dock. I'm now infamous at my local marina as the guy who tied his engine to his boat....

the transom looks, feels, sounds, Solid.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, but....

You need to drill core samples from the inside to be 100% sure. Take a 3/8" drill and drill down as low on the transom as you can get, down around the drain tube. Put some tape on the drill bit so you will only go about 1" deep. Do this on the INSIDE of the boat. Check your shavings. If they are light tan and dry then you're good to go. Fill the holes with 3m 5200 sealant and count your blessings. If the shavings are damp and wet and mushy then it has to be torn out and replaced. Drill in several locations to get an overal survey of the transom.

Skagen

Seaman

Yeah, so did mine. Right before it literally ripped down to the keel. The fiberglass not tearing is the only thing that saved my motor from being lost to the river. Don't trust it.

plyxrs

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah, but....

You need to drill core samples from the inside to be 100% sure. Take a 3/8" drill and drill down as low on the transom as you can get, down around the drain tube. Put some tape on the drill bit so you will only go about 1" deep. Do this on the INSIDE of the boat. Check your shavings. If they are light tan and dry then you're good to go. Fill the holes with 3m 5200 sealant and count your blessings. If the shavings are damp and wet and mushy then it has to be torn out and replaced. Drill in several locations to get an overal survey of the transom.

Yeah, so did mine. Right before it literally ripped down to the keel. The fiberglass not tearing is the only thing that saved my motor from being lost to the river. Don't trust it.

alright guys will do. thanks.