Zodiac Zoom or Cadet?

Hey all!

I currently have an Intex Mariner (which hasn't even lasted a year yet) and it has decided to crap out on me. I am currently looking at Zodiac inflatables and I have come between the Cadet 340 S and the Zoom 350 S. I am wondering what the real difference is between these two. The only things I have noticed is that the Zoom is a few hundred cheaper and has marine plywood for a floor and is slightly longer.

Can anyone on here shine some light on this for me?:)

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Zodiac Zoom or Cadet?

Hi,

I had a Zoom made in France and it was OK but had a seam leak in the front. The new Zooms are made in China which could be an OK thing but it seems even the dealers don't like them. Go to CO2 inflatables in Oakville and check out a Titan they are great for the money.

I was already there this week. The guy I was talking to never really mentioned the Titan, and I trust the Zodiac brand.

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi,

Speak to Vince they have about 5 models against the wall. No issue with the Zodiac brand just better value and a 6 year warranty with the Titan. Zoom will give you the low end hardware. Valves that stick out and are a pain. The oar locks are awful and the safety rope around the boat is also not that great.

Zodiacs are great too.

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi,

I got a RIB 370 with Aluminum bottom. Zodiac only make one in fibreglass. Price difference is significant. Material seems to be the same stuff from Mehler.

So far everyone who has a Titan loves it.

Good luck with your choice.

D.

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi,

The Zodiac Cadet is SIB (Soft Inflatable), Titan makes them too. Check out http://www.barrettmarketingltd.com/titan/aboutus.html

Then you can see the different types of boats. I am not sure the price difference on the SIBS but I would assume its significant. Titans are made in China and it seems using the same Mehler material as other brand name boats.

Titans carry a 6 year warranty which is backed up by CO2. Zodiac I believe is 5. You can choose the floor you want too. I have a RIB (RIgid inflatable Boat) it has a solid aluminum floor. RIBS handle better than SIBS but are not as portable.

I believe you cannot go wrong with either choice. Zodiac are great and they have lots of repair centres etc. Titan not as many but CO2 will back it up since they sell a lot of them. They are good people to work with and they have gone beyond the call of duty for me. I asked to use a trailer and they lent me one without even asking for a deposit etc or silly paperwork.

Good luck on your choice. Both are correct so I don't think you will make a mistake.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

A Cadet 320 is a very basic entry level sib, if investing on a boat, invest well at first buy, buy a nice Titan GRP or Aluminum hull 350-370 as recommended by Luvinflatableboats. Solid hulls are much more divertimento than wooden alum or inflatable hulls. If Titan stands well for their factory warranty, buy one and have extra fun. Will support a slight bigger engine.

Happy Boating

My issue is that I don't have room for a trailer to haul something with an aluminum body. I have an old 86 Ranger that I would be using to haul stuff around in. The aluminum floor models would not fit in the back of my truck. The idea of the wood floor is kind of nice if I ever wanted to bolt a seat to it. My grandfather had a Zodiac of some kind and he was able to fit it in the back of his truck (now my truck). I might give him a call and find out what length his was...

You guys are really sold on those Titans eh?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner

If available space to keep a trailer/rib/engine combo is an issue, then opt for a alum floor sib, instead of a wooden floor sib, you can bolt on both if placing seats. In any case, don't go under 340 meter sib. Personally don't know or have seen Titans, seems same are offered in other brands, anyway, rigid hulls have better speeds and are much more cruising fun than non rigid inflatables.

Happy Boating

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Titan line looks interesting, well thought out. In the USA, only Alaska has a dealer. Plenty in Canada, though. Time will improve that hopefully; I'd like to see one up close.

Larry

I will see how things pan out... I successfully repaired my Mariner as it holds air like a champ right now. The real question is that if it can take on my 3 hp JW-10 that I bought a few months back. I mean, the website says it can take 3 hp, but my boat says 1.5 hp. I don't know where anyone could buy a gas motor that anemic but whatever. Once I get my Operators Card it will find out if its a good combo or not. Otherwise if I buy one of the Zodiacs of similar size, I could put a big honking motor on it and haul some serious ***.

Cheers to all for the help so far! Wish me luck!:D

kevinzinck

Cadet

I Have a Titan Inflatable, Here are a few pictures, The added items work well for me as I fish alot, downriggers, seats, canopy. ect. Love the boat, keep dry compaired to a sib, handles big water no problem.
The gas tank fits into the aluminum box under the rear seat.

Attachments

• 173.jpg
    173.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 176.jpg
    176.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 0
  • 182.jpg
    182.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 0

Luvinflatableboats

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hi,

I have my Titan for a season and I must say it holds air like nothing else. It needed almost no top ups during the season.

The self baler on it is not very good.

In terms of size the Zodiac I had was wider.

The Titan handles the big water with ease and I am able to go out even when the water is rough at my lake.

Other than that the boat handles much better than the SIB and is very quick and secure to ride.

Darryl

I Have a Titan Inflatable, Here are a few pictures, The added items work well for me as I fish alot, downriggers, seats, canopy. ect. Love the boat, keep dry compaired to a sib, handles big water no problem.
The gas tank fits into the aluminum box under the rear seat.