Zodiac Tube Valve Z67080, Pumps, Pressure Gauges, and Removal Tool

SoCalPescador

Seaman
I have the Zodiac Z67080 tube valve on my 2011 Zodiac Classic MK I.
Apparently this is a proprietary valve made by Zodiac. There are no other replacements.

Questions:

Pressure Gauge:

What pressure gauge is the best to use for these valves? I currently use the gauge that attaches to the factory Bravo 8 pump Scoprega SP 125, that came included with raft when new. It is an inline Bravo gauge that is attached to pump hose and then with an adapter, attaches to valve.

I want a stand alone gauge that I can use to check pressure throughout the day.

Pumps:

I have the Bravo 8 foot pump. It appears adequate. Are there other preferred pumps? Foot vs hand? Scoprega/Bravo 110 hand pump?
12volt pump and manual pump.....I would like both, one for home and one for boat/travel set up.

Valve Tool:

What is the correct tool to remove/replace the Z67080 valve?

Pics of my valve insert

Thanks

Attachments

• tube valve.jpeg
    tube valve.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Zodiac_Valve_Insert_Z67080_1__51256.1446570097.jpg
    Zodiac_Valve_Insert_Z67080_1__51256.1446570097.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 3

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Post same pics of the current inflator's male adapter to have a look. Those are surely Zodiac's propietary valves, first time seeing one of them...

Happy Boating

SoCalPescador

Seaman
These valves are used in Zodiacs from 2009 on. I believe including MilPros. They are a push-push valve. Push in to open. Push again to close.

Pics of adapter and measurements. Adapter is tapered and has a cross section about midway inside. Adapter is designed to fit snugly and cross sections depresses center pin just enough to open and let air in, but not push too much so as to depress center pin into the open position.

Attachments

• 135180557216533244301.jpeg
    135180557216533244301.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2821.jpeg
    IMG_2821.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2817.jpeg
    IMG_2817.jpeg
    28.8 KB · Views: 2

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Zodiac used to have a yellow rubberized pressure gauge which had a colored reading dial compared to needle ones, hooks straight to the black tube to check pressures through the day. Will check latter if counting with a pic.

I use a Bravo 6 hand pump with an attached pressure gauge on the extreme, can check pressure any time independently if its screwed to the pump or not.

Bravo 6 Air Hose.JPG

Has the bayonet type plug used for Halkey Roberts which its a much simpler, less costly air valve..

HR Valve.JPG

Assume the air valve removing tool must be also proprietary....

Happy Boating

SoCalPescador

Seaman
I want to carry a pump on board for sure.....since it is a 3.5M heavy duty alum floor boat, which is preferred......foot or hand pump? I guess you have to stand up to use either one. I was considering the Scoprega 110 (pic below). My boat tube and keel pressure are: 0.24 bar / 3.4psi

I will make my own valve tool from alum. There is a plastic one that is sold and supposed to work (see pic below), but it goes down into the valve body and uses the cross bar that are midway down into the valve. I want a tool that uses the 4 notches that are at the top of the valve. Seems to me that that would be the logical place to use a tool vs taking a chance to breaking the cross bar inside valve.....4 notches are stronger location vs cross bar.

Attachments

• scoprega 110.jpeg
    scoprega 110.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1
  • valve tool.jpeg
    valve tool.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 1

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
A hand pump it's much better than a foot pump, faster to pump, more arm power than leg power at least to me. This is the yellow pressure gauge was referring to :

Zodiac Gauge.JPG
Was used in the old diaphragm flapper type air valve, you keel probably has one ?

Happy Boating

Last edited:

SoCalPescador

Seaman
Yes, my keel uses the diaphragm valve. I currently use a Bravo air gauge and foot pump with Zodiac tapered adapter. I will give the Scoprega 110 hand pumps a try. Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Yes, my keel uses the diaphragm valve. I currently use a Bravo air gauge and foot pump with Zodiac tapered adapter. I will give the Scoprega 110 hand pumps a try. Thanks!
You're welcome, seems the old line of Bravo hand pumps have been replaced with the new Scoprga 110 line of hand pumps. The one going for is the simple one action or the double action pump ?

Happy Boating

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
The Scoprega 110 is double action
It's the same as the Bravo 4 foot pump with a different name, if pumping air while at the continuous down/up stroke tires you there should be a plug somewhere that once removed will only let you pump air just on the down stroke, is the Scoprega 110 same ?

Happy Boating