Zodiac MK2 GT1 Series 2326

WLG347

Cadet
I'm new to forums, and Zodiac boats. I just bought a used Zodiac MK2 GT1. It was made in 1986, but it is in excellent shape, and looks brand new.<br /><br />It did not come with any owner's manual, and I'm having a terrible time trying to find instructions, and technical information on the boat. It has large chrome plated brass inflation valves that apparently are supposed to twist to "navigate" or "inflate" but no info available on them either.<br /><br />In addition it came with an Aluminum floor that is almost impossible to install. No instructions available on the floor either. Any one have any ideas on where to get info on this boat? I've tried the web, and the one local dealer never called me back. (Minnesota)I've sent emails to Zodiac with no response yet either. <br /><br />Any suggestions? Does anyone have instructions from a newer boat that may help me with mine?<br /><br />Thanks

CaptAlfex

Cadet
Re: Zodiac MK2 GT1 Series 2326

The tubes should be inflated to 3.2 PSI. The inflatable keel should be inflated to 5 PSI. The horsepower rating is around 10-15 HP and uses a short (15") shaft. Look on the transom for a metal plate that indicates the max HP and capacity recommended for boat. The floor should be installed as shown at this French inflatable site. <br /><br />http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl=fr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&langpair=fr%7Cen&u=http://www.cardot-marine.com/trucsETAstuces/Montage_MK2/trucsAstuces_MontageBateauSouple.htm&prev=/lang uage_tools<br /><br />Hope this helps.

WLG347

Cadet

Thanks CaptAflex. I followed your link and got the floor info. It shows a wood floor, but the idea looks like it should work. I don't have a heated garage, so I think my boat is not flexible enough this time of year. I'll have to clear space and bring it inside to try it out.<br /><br />The transom plate says it's rated at 55HP. It's about 14 feet long. The waters all hard around here so I can't even test it out till spring. Can't wait!<br /><br />Still no reply from Zodiac about the valves. I'll have to try to call & email again.<br /><br />Thanks for your help. If you run across any other info please post it.

CaptAlfex

Cadet

That is a big boat. 55 HP and 14' long. Wow. That is a pocket racer you have there for sure. Make sure you check the weight of the motor you are going to buy for it. 2-Stroke motors are 10-30% lighter than today's more common 4-stroke motors. The boat would have been rated for a 2-stroke motor which would weigh about 190 lbs. <br /><br />If you want to use a 4-Stroke motor, then make sure the motor weight is below 190 lbs. You might have to go down to a 40 HP depending on the make.<br /><br /> Also make sure you get the correct motor shaft length. It must match the distance from the top of your transom to the bottom of your keel. It is either 15" (short) or 20" (long). <br /><br />Never heard of large chrome plated brass inflation valves on an inflatable. It may be a commercial Zodiac that you have. They can be replaced with the current Halkey-Roberts type valves http://www.halkey-roberts.com/

c5inflatable

Cadet

hello. this is my first post. it is difficult to find an inflatable forum not geared specifically toward RIBs.<br /><br />i have a C5 commando by bombard (a zodiac company) with a 55hp suzuki. that's about the max hp and max weight for that boat. it really flies. lot's of fun.<br /><br />i wanted to take a guess on your valves. they could be the military type that intercommunicate when turned a certain direction. that way you can inflate or deflate all the chambers quickly at the same time. then just turn the valves back to isolate the chambers and top off as needed. that's just a guess though. try it.<br /><br />well i hope to learn alot from this site and have a bit of info available too:)<br /><br />thanks,<br />andy

jorisjardin

Cadet

hi everybody,<br /><br />I am Joris from Belgium. I just found this forum!!<br /><br />Their exist not such belgian forums.<br /><br />A few months ago I bought a Bombard Aerotec.<br /><br />I read that you have also a bombard.<br /><br />Is the quality of a bombard also good? I have had a zodiac futura. I was very content with that boat. But we now have a caraven and the aerotec is easy to transport.<br /><br />thanks,<br />Joris<br /><br />PS Sorry for my worse English, I am from Belgium

jeff256

Recruit

The key is to install the floor with the boat uninflated or better yet, about 20% inflated so you can get the runners under the tubes. Also, need to make sure the ends of the runners and rubber points match with the reinforced patches on the tubes. I have a 8' with wood floor and also no instructions. I have also found that Zodiac, for a large old company, has no info on their site and does not respond. I would probably not buy another Zodiac although it is high quality. I still can't figure out how my inflatable seat works.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I've had to contact Zodiac twice in the six years we've owned our boat.<br /><br />I call Keith Nowell direct at 410-643-4141, extension 3043. Sometimes he will respond to email: knowell@zna.zodiac.com <br /><br />Hope this helps!<br /><br />Zods

Das Boot

Seaman

Originally posted by WLG347:<br /> It has large chrome plated brass inflation valves that apparently are supposed to twist to "navigate" or "inflate" but no info available on them either.<br /><br />Thanks [/QB]
Hi There;<br /><br />I had a Futura MK II with those type of valves and they are a bit confusing......<br /><br />There purpose is twofold<br /> <br />A.as a pressure relief "pop off" if the sun overheats heats the air in the boat (to test, just grab the roud twisty part and pull it outwards, it should move and then skap back)<br /><br />B. they were intended to be able to inflate the complete boat from one valve only..... by rotating the valve to one of the 3 (i think) positions)<br /><br />I couldn't find out much on them so i worked out a plan......<br />With the boat un-inflated i hooked the foot pump up to one valve and started pumping, all the while listening for the sound of where the air was going (ie: into which compartment)<br />I would then rotate the valve as i was pumping to locate the off position (there are 3 for each valve i think)<br /><br />As my valves had been disassembled at one time by the dealer the arrow on the valve didnt correspond with the red and green positions on the tube....anyway long story short i got it figured out......<br /><br />The most important thing about this type of valve is to have both of them turned to the off position after inflating the boat or you WILL loose air.......<br /><br />Hope this helps.........<br /><br />Good Luck<br />ps: I dont think this valve was one of Zodiacs better ideas :)

WLG347

Cadet

Thanks for the responses!<br />I was able to get in touch with Zodiac and they shipped me some photocopies of a prior year that was the same as mine.<br />My valves would not turn, and I was given instructions on taking them apart, cleaning them, greasing them up and putting them back. Works real slick now. The valves shut down or open up different chambers in the tubes and do allow for inflating the whole boat from one valve.<br />Just starting to warm up in Minnesota so I'll be trying out the floor installation next day off.<br />Now all I need to do is repair the old Wards Sea King 15 HP and I'll be ready to dive!

ATVBing

Cadet

your boat also has expandable bladderwalls that will expand like a rubber tube and compensate for a ruptured chamber<br /><br />it looks like an accordian and is basicly the dividing wall at each valve location<br /><br />i have the same thing on my 15.5' Mark 3 Zodiac

joethefish

Cadet

Hi all I have the same style valves and am trying to recon them as like above mine are siezed. Does anyone have any directions on how to dismantle them or pictures etc.. Im basically stuck!
Cheers
Joe

spoolin01

Seaman

Did you ever get your valves rebuilt? I did mine a couple years ago and it was really easy, and really worth it! Let me know (PM is better) if you still need help and I'll go check how to dismantle the valve.

Joe_Cool

Recruit

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know of a current supplier for the large metal valves on the Zodiac military boats?

Regards from Atlanta,
Joe

krush

Recruit

EDIT: Nevermind, got the valve apart and figured out how it works. The copper sleeve valve just seized up. I'm going to clean them up. Is there any advice on adjusting the tension on the spring for the pressure relief? Any specific grease I should use?

Does anybody have any more info/procedures on disassembling the intercommunicating valves? I picked up a Zodiac MK V HD and all the valves are stuck something solid....and they are stuck in intercommunicate mode so I can't use the boat!

I can't even spin the tops of the valves with a wrench. It looks like I may have to make a spanner or something to hold the tube so I don't twist the valve out of the tube it's glue too.

sparky19

Recruit

Do you happen to still have copies of those instructions on the intercommunicating valves? I need them badly now.

SA

Thanks for the responses!<br />I was able to get in touch with Zodiac and they shipped me some photocopies of a prior year that was the same as mine.<br />My valves would not turn, and I was given instructions on taking them apart, cleaning them, greasing them up and putting them back. Works real slick now. The valves shut down or open up different chambers in the tubes and do allow for inflating the whole boat from one valve.<br />Just starting to warm up in Minnesota so I'll be trying out the floor installation next day off.<br />Now all I need to do is repair the old Wards Sea King 15 HP and I'll be ready to dive!