Zodiac handle repair & other questions

mrhelper

Cadet
I just bought a 1999 Zodiac Futura Mark IIC Fastroller (the 12.5 model) and am pretty pleased with myself. However, I am new to zodiacs, so I had a few questions I was hoping some of you might be able to help me out with, since it didn't come with a manual.

The plastic around both rear handles has cracked. Still useable, but looking dicey. Can they be repaired? Is it a "professionals only" type job?

The boat and floor are in very nice shape, but could use a cleaning. Any recommendations on what to clean it with. I don't want to use anything that might compromise the material.

It is rated for up to 25hp, but I was thinking about 15 to 20hp. I don't need it to race, just want something to get me to my destination without tossing me out of the boat. Is that range reasonable?

And finally... I intend to use this on Lake Superior. Although I'm sure the answer depends on experience and comfort level, I was wondering what type of waves it can safely handle. Would it be okay in 2 foot chop? Would I get soaked?

I'll be gradually experimenting with it as soon as I get a motor, but was wondering about the experiences others have had with similar boats.

Thanks!

Vlads Quiff

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Zodiac handle repair & other questions

Don't have any answers I am afraid, just being sociable and to say hi.

mrhelper

Cadet
Re: Zodiac handle repair & other questions

Just thought I might show what the handles look like. One is worse than the other...