Zincs on Smart Tabs

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer
Put Smart Tabs on my 21 Seaswril Striper and am very pleased with the result. The instructions recommend using zincs on the tabs (I'm mainly a salt chucker) but I'm not sure of exactly where it would be best to attach them. The top of the tabs of course but where? Thanks for your opinions.<br />Backlash

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner
Re: Zincs on Smart Tabs

The instruction show a picture on page 4 bottom.<br /><br />Mount nearest to the center of the plate.

umblecumbuz

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Great to see someone fitting zincs to such items.<br /><br />If only more would do it, a whole bunch of future problems could be avoided.

Backlash

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks. I guess the old adage, "when all else fails, read the instructions" holds true again. I don't know how I missed it.....hope I haven't thrown the instructions away.<br />Backlash

Jdeagro

iboats.com Partner

Backlash; That OK!<br /><br />My brother is in the printing business so we keep him busy with instructions - we never anticipated that anyone would read them. I never do! <br /><br />Just kidding you! Actually if you read them closely you would find the errors, so good thing you pitched them.