YUK!!Brrrr!!!

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
It's windy,cold,rain,sleet and probably snow on the way, jeez! i hate having to drive thru all that crap to and from work :(

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: YUK!!Brrrr!!!

Me too. Was -5 here this morning. Snowed yesterday about a half inch, too. Made the commute interesting.

KaGee

Admiral

Think you got it bad??<br />
The first full day of winter will bring its first winter storm. A Winter Storm Warning is in effect. Snow accumulations will be very large to the south and east of Toledo. Areas such as Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus and Cleveland are expecting over 10" of snow tonight. Here in the Toledo area accumulations will be tricky and could range from as little as 4" to as much as 8". Stay tuned to News 11 for updates throughout the day on this treacherous storm.
36_1_26.gif

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

You northern folks want to keep your nasty weather in your area :D <br />This is Texas we don't need all of that crap in our country :p

NYMINUTE

Captain

We will get 6-10" before 6 PM 12-23. My fight out is 5:30 PM 12-23. Must be that broken mirror.<br />Grrrrrrr.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Yep, this is gonna be one cold Christmas. Only supposed to have high temps of 2* or 3* for the rest of the week.

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by Elmer Fudge:<br /> It's windy,cold,rain,sleet and probably snow on the way, jeez! i hate having to drive thru all that crap to and from work :(
Welcome to OUR world. None of this... "70 degrees year round" crap....<br /><br /><br />Now, if only you guys could learn how to drive in snow as well... :eek: <br /><br />Sean

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Hey Sean, 70 degrees year round ain't crap, that's terrific boating and fishing weather here in north texas, i wish that we did have it 70 year round,for us down here at times it can be like going from the oven to the freezer and back to the oven all in the same week,that can also happen in the same day,so i've been told on a few occasions.

rogerwa

Commander

I would gladly take about 10" of snow right now. As it is my kids don't want to go outside. Let me see, three boys and my daughter holed up in the house for the next two weeks. That means unhappy momma. Which also means I need to stay at work longer..

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /> That means unhappy momma. Which also means I need to stay at work longer..
And if momma aint happy........!<br />I think we all know what you are talking about Roger! But, you can keep the snow, than you very much!

Realgun

Commander

Now, if only you guys could learn how to drive in snow as well... <br />
Well lets put it this way, in New Mexico and texas we get to drive 2-3 days a year in the White stuff. So we don't get a lot of practice.<br /><br />Thats total B.S. <br /><br />When the weather here turn frosty we are at 25 to 31 degrees F. The tires are going to be wet not dry. We will have a LOT less traction than you do where the weather is colder and your tires are dry!<br /><br />Truckers would rather drive through Colorado than New Mexico at this time due to that 1 fact. <br /><br />We can slide a heck of a lot farther than you when we do hit the brakes! Ah the fun. :) <br /><br />And we don't get a lot"o"practise :D

eeboater

Commander

Elmer & Realgun:<br /><br />I was just joshin' ya :D <br /><br />My Nanna lives in Houston so I have heard the stories of towns closing down when they get anything > .25" of snow. Growing up in Green Bay, I always found it amusing.<br /><br /><br />So.. CHEERS
40BEER.gif
and drive safe amongst the people who think they can drive like there is NO SNOW in their "SUV's." <br /><br />Sean