Youth and the Death Penatly.

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Youth and the Death Penatly.

Originally posted by Silex:<br /> Tony Blankley said it best: Black robes and betrayal<br /> http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20050301-090941-2402r.htm
This crime wasn't committed by a wicked and mean youngster, or even an evil youth. This crime was committed by a viscious predator without any conscience. A viscious predator who WILL commit other heinous crimes if he is not stopped. <br /><br />I wrote several essays in HS against the death penalty. I wrote a satire or two too. Currently I am still generally opposed to the death penalty. But this crime deserves it IMHO. Since when should the victim have fewer rights and less consideration than the perpetrator? Where was her constitutional protection? The supreme court has created an environment where only the criminal has rights, or at least more rights than the law-abiding citizen.<br /> If you commit an adult crime, you should be prepared to pay an adult price. Let us not forget that capital punishment is only used in capital crimes, read MURDER. If you plan to kill another, take actions and kill another, then you should expect to lose your life. Unless you use an assault rifle, then the rifle should be legal and therefore you didn't commit any crime. Oh, wait this ins't a post about the NRA. Our forefathers took one's life for much less. It is all about circumstances or at least it should be, not about age. <br />We can say that the justices are too conservative or too liberal. I see it as they are hopelssly, helplessly out of touch with reality, and with the society we live in. The society they are supposed to serve. Instead they serve only themselves, and their egos.

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

I heard transcripts from the case that went to the Supreme Court to get this ruling. These animals plotted this murder, they knew they couldn't be punished and bragged about it, and even confessed and did a video re-enactment for the cops. These kids were sentenced to death by a legal law enacted by the state they lived in. A four year old that holds his sister under water wouldn't be sentenced to death. I'm disgusted. These kids beat up an older woman, broke her ribs, tied her up and taped and covered her head, drove to the bridge and hog tied her gagged her put, a pillow case over her head and threw her in the river. It happened in Missouri. When she was examined they found that she had been alive when she drowned. I can't even imagine the fear and pain this poor woman felt. You bleeding hearts that want to protect these kids from paying the ultimate penalty for this horrendous crime need to reexamine your priorities.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

We can say that the justices are too conservative or too liberal. I see it as they are hopelssly, helplessly out of touch with reality, and with the society we live in.
I could'nt agree more.. :cool: <br /><br />IMHO... If the evidence is there and there is no doubt, put em' to death, post-haste... No appeal.. No more courts... Just a quick shot, then stuff em' in a pine box...

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Let's not forget the minor aged sniper in the Washington DC area a few years ago. Him and his uncle were killing completely at random. There was a reign of terror in Virginia. How many people did they kill, around 10 as I recall. This is a message to every gang banger in the country under 18. Maybe that concealed weapon permit will come in handy.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by carrotsnapper:<br /> Let's not forget the minor aged sniper in the Washington DC area a few years ago. Him and his uncle were killing completely at random. There was a reign of terror in Virginia. How many people did they kill, around 10 as I recall. This is a message to every gang banger in the country under 18. Maybe that concealed weapon permit will come in handy.
That would be Lee Boyd Malvo. <br /><br />It's time the US Congress reclaim the authority over the Supreme Court that is it's Constitutional due. They only need the cajones to do it.<br /><br />When an American Supreme Court spouts international convention as a reason for it's decision, it is time to send them on their way.