Your smart phones betrayal

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Your smart phones betrail

Found this and think some of you might want to be informed.

http://youtu.be/N2vARzvWxwY

I don't want to minimize the threat, but COME ON people, this can't be the first time you heard this? A simple google search will pull up literally millions of concerns and informative blogs concerning this. And FROM YEARS AGO. I think the scariest part is for those waiting to be told by the news, waiting for media to report on it.
Our American culture has become one where we sit and pay no attention to the world around us and the sue when we get bit by the snake that was there the entire time.

lakelover

Rear Admiral

The internet isn't a place for pictures of your kids anyway. I can't believe how trusting and naive people are about that. This was no surprise. Younger parents especially need to educated and informed.

r.j.dawg

Ensign

Hmmm....well I've learned in my 50 some years that there is absolutely no cure for stupid. And today's technology only allows us to share our stupid with other countries stupid.:facepalm:

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Your smart phones betrayal

That's right dawg, mixing stupid with others, is real stupid. Run Forrest,,,RUN!

southkogs

Staff member

Anybody remember when a phone was just used to call people? :D

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Anybody remember when a phone was just used to call people? :D

I remember party lines. What I was pointing out with this post more than anything is if you post any pictures from you smart phone they can be traced to wher you are. Kids ar not the only ones who get stalked

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Are you serious Pongo?

Remove? WHY? Why would anyone with 2 operating brain cells need to? Turn off the GPS function, no need to do anything more. JUST TURN IT OFF!

Pongos

Recruit

Are you serious Pongo?

Remove? WHY? Why would anyone with 2 operating brain cells need to? Turn off the GPS function, no need to do anything more. JUST TURN IT OFF!

Location info in pics can be useful sometimes, if you want to know where exactly you took a particular pic. Later you may want to share your pic without the location info, so I'm just saying you could remove it anytime.

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If it is removable, isn't it installable too? And if that is so, isn't it easily falsified? And if it is easily falsified, isn't it untrustworthy as potential information? That said if you exclusively share pics with friends and family, never posting online, then the GPS info would even more dangerous, because if even one family member shares that sweet pic of your 1/2 naked 3 YO daughter on FB, all the pedophiles in the world have an address available.
Just turn it off.