You worry about Big Brother but not BPL???

Link

Rear Admiral
In other posts, the latest by eeboater everyone seems to not want too much Big Brother stuff going on.<br />Broad Band over Power lines (BPL) is being pushed on us here in the US.<br /><br />Something for everyone to think about. With BPL you don’t need a phone line, cable or dish to hook up to the Internet. Just plug into you AC socket in the wall.<br /><br />Should not RED Flags be going up everywhere??<br />This means that any thing in your home that uses AC could also be used to monitor everything you say and do. Audio and Video. <br />The general public is not being told all the truth about BPL!<br />How many things do you say in front of your coffee pot that you wouldnt say in public?? :D <br />So if your just a little concerned about tracking, you should be really upset about BPL comming to your town.<br />Have a good day... Hmmm can I say that in front of the electic can opener?? ;)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: You worry about Big Brother but not BPL???

Mmmm! thats interesting, maybe the religous folks might be onto something, with the one world gov't and the anti christ senario.<br />That satan fella is one heck of a workaholic :eek: :eek:

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Big brother don't scare me.. The general populous has em' beat by at least 1000 to 1 in actual numbers...<br /><br />Nope, Big brother don't stand a chance...
26.gif
Come get me, SUCKERS!!!!!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

What Snapperbait said.
58.gif

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

Link - u ok??<br /><br />BPL they always could run an internet signal over the power lines in fact it was easy..<br /><br />The hard part was they could not get the signal past the transform outside your house without some very expensive connectors<br /><br />The brilliant change was to put a wireless modem right before your transformer so you could just attach to that.<br /><br />There is no just plug into your wall socket <br /><br />So for those in rural areas this is a great step forward!!<br /><br />and <br /><br />No I dont worry about the govt - the people that I know in the govt are not the sharpest sticks in the pile

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Hey, I work for the gov't!!!<br /><br />Honey, where's my pencil sharpener?!<br /><br /> :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Sounds like "chemtrails" to me.....<br /><br />just kidding!

Link

Rear Admiral

OK OK its Chem trails.....<br />I was trying to be serious here... <br />hehe glad you all have a since of humor... <br /> :)

dolluper

Captain

If you put an antenna on your head you just might hear your neighbours talking on the cell phone, we are walking around in continuious air waves being sent, take an old TV put it on UHF and play with the dial you will hear all sorts of different people around you taking on cell phones I got one 250 miles away one day quite amazing. So use a lead helmet you might be safe then :D :D

Homerr

Commander

Now where did I set that muffler bearing down.... Hmmm..<br /><br /><br />Oh yea... Right next to the blinker fluid.<br /><br />
logo.jpg
<br /><br /><br /> :) <br /><br /><br />H.

eeboater

Commander

Hate to rain on everyone's parade, but with it being the year 2005... Everything is "monitorable" already! Internet access, television watching, phone calls, even tracking where you are! The GPS in your cell phone not only tells you directions how to get to the local chinese joint, but it also says where you are. <br /><br />I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I'm also not deluded (not even sure if that is the right word) enough to think that SBC can't tell where I'm surfing, Cingular can't see who I'm calling, TiVo can't see what I'm watching, and the gov can't see where I am!<br /><br />It's the era of information. And if you use any technology generated by someone other than yourself - chances are, there is information gathered on it!<br /><br />Sean

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Predator overload.<br /><br />Like when all the little fishies hatch at the same time, predators get a few but most escape.<br /><br />Zebras stripes prevent lions from attacking the herd because they can't tell where one ends & the other begins. Until they single one out.<br /><br />If the gummit only watches a few, those few better watch out. But try to monitor everybody, you monitor nobody.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Gave up a long time ago. Tell herself she can yell if she likes. Don't get me wrong...only when she doesn't agree with me of course :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Privacy is a wildly held untrue belief.