You won't BELEVE This..only in America

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: You won't BELEVE This..only in America

It's sad someone would lead thier own son on like that. It just goes to show, it takes all kinds.

NOSLEEP

Commander

The highest bidder Brianrenovitch is a deadbeat.<br />Its a joke.!! or fraud, what ever you want to<br />call it.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yup. It's winter for sure.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br /> It's sad someone would lead thier own son on like that. It just goes to show, it takes all kinds.
Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy.....all fictional things kids are misled, no, outright lied to about. Some could even argue God is one as well. Whats the difference between them and what this woman did? She did what she could to comfort her scared child. I see no problems with that.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

why is it a troll? 12 is pretty much saying how it was so wrong for this woman to do what she did when we all lie to our children all the time. Disagreeing with people is not a troll. Was anything I said untrue? You see, trolls go out of their way to provoke. I said we lie all the time to our kids, which we do. I gave examples. I said I see no problems with what that woman did. Try attacking what I actually said instead of trying to label me a troll for my opinion.

Twidget

Commander

Mrbscott actually brings up a good point. People convince their children that Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy etc are real. Then when the child gets to the age when he questions things, all of those are false, he cant actually 'see' God.....<br /><br />Most of my neighbors think Im weird about this topic, but my son is aware that all of kiddie characters are not real. That way, hopefully, he will realize the God is real and cant say I have misled him on the others.<br /><br />By reading the Ebay add, I believe the womad did it to sooth her child. What people turned it into is something else.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

My boss is always saying his parents are liers (sp). He said he wil never believe them after the lies they told him. I asked what in the world he was talking about and he says "Santa Claus".

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

What I was saying with the troll comment is he knows there is many Christians( of many Denominations) and yet he added the God comment in there. Im sure it was aimed at those of us who do believe or have faith however you want to put it. If not oops....... :)

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

The woman did it because the first of the "ghost canes" sold for a few thousand to a legitamate buyer, the same idiot company that bought the grilled cheese.

one more cast

Captain

And the people that buy this stuff also use it to make money.Its all about money,money,money. Do I agree with it?...NO <br /> And as for Santa, He is real and lives in your heart.<br /> A rich man is not someone who has the most,<br /> A true rich man is someone who needs the least!

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

If I wanted to aim the God part at anyone I would not have added "Some could even argue", I would have added him to the list of actual fictional characters that we lie to our children about. I figured leaving God out of the actual fictional list was a respectful thing to do since I do know many, but not all, people here have a very different opinion on the matter.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

65large for.....something ya' can't see???? Yep JB....yer right...Winter for sure....and it's gonna be a long one.