Yoke seal

Franco_boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Is it right when tight? I think its too tight but I dont know, will try while rolling torque, shouldn't it spin with ease?
for example my driven gear on the shaft spins very easily, without any ressistance but the Yoke gears and bearings are quite tight I dont know if its preload set too much... I was hammering and nothing better
Ehh its too late to edit my post:
Btw. I was looking for a bearing on eBay and found that inner race is already installed ino the spacer why? How that affect the procedure to install this bearing?
1st is gear, then press rear bearing, then inner race, then we place spacer with inner race then press fwd bearing but if its already preinstalled in the kit?? Does it matter?
Thanks
1636498844726.png

achris

More fish than mountain goat
...I was looking for a bearing on eBay and found that inner race is already installed ino the spacer why? How that affect the procedure to install this bearing?
I think you mean OUTER race, and it doesn't change anything, do the procedure with the whole thing assembled as you would install it back into the housing.
1st is gear, then press rear bearing, then inner race, then we place spacer with inner race
OUTER RACE!
then press fwd bearing but if its already preinstalled in the kit?? Does it matter?
Thanks
Ok....

Take the drive gear (24a) and press 1st bearing inner (20a) full down (to the gear). Set 1st bearing outer race (20b) on inner. 2nd bearing outer race (20c) is already in Cup Spacer (21), set onto 1st bearing. Begin pressing 2nd bearing inner (20d) onto gear until about 1/4mm from fully pressed. This is the gear and bearings ready for final assembly and rolling torque setup.

Install seal (19) into seal carrier (18) (drive an extra 1mm if necessary)
Into the yoke(10), place retainer (15), ring (16), o-ring (17) and seal carrier(18 and 19). Slide yoke (10) through gear (24) and secure with washer (26) and nut (27). Be aware the washer needs to be the right way, it has 'nut' on the side that faces the nut.

You are now ready to start rolling torque set up.
1636512420923.png

Chris............

Last edited:

Franco_boater

Petty Officer 2nd Class
@achris... can You tell me how to dissasemble the whole set? I need to change my bearings one is rusted.... can you mark on the picture please step by step from which side use the pry tool/separator to dissasemble it please, thanks
Spacer number #21, is it important which side facing gear/unis side??
#21 is part no 853649a1

1636576345419.png

Are you able to tell me which side or make a draw please... im frustrated and my biggest concern is how to dissasemble the whole set...

Last edited: