Yo LF's, and other fans.Will your Astro's make it?

one more cast

Captain
The Astro's have a good chance of making baseball history tonight. It will sure be an excited crowd if they make it to the world series. My team (BRS) and my wifes (NNY) didn't make it so now I would like to see the Astros go against the Sox.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Re: Yo LF's, and other fans.Will your Astro's make it?

yes they will make it. Pettite will pitch better tonight. If we don't make it tonight, Roy O" will pitch next....and he's tough. we ought to at least take 1 out of the 3. I think tonight is the night!<br /><br />go Stros!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I with Kelton. Even if we loose tonight, Cards will still have to face two best pitchers in MLB.<br /><br />BUt I really really hope they win tonight. Gonna be wild in Downtown Houston.<br /><br />It will be a great World Series with White sox not going since 1918 and the Astros never making it.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Tough way to lose one for sure. I thought the Astros had it in the bag.<br />Oh well, there's always the next game to clinch.

LadyFish

Admiral

I'm emotionally exhausted after last night's game. Its the ninth inning, two outs, last batter Ekstein comes up, strike one, strike two, one more strike and we win the pennant. Lidge pitches, Ekstein gets a base hit. That bad pitch ended up turning the game around to a loss for the Astros. Pujols got that a because Lidge pitched a down and in curve ball and didn't hit his mark. I am sick over it.<br /><br />Now the team has a couple of days to stew over this and get refocused. <br /><br />We're still sitting pretty going back to St. Louis up 3-2 with Roy Oswalt and Roger Clemens lurking fresh.<br /><br />I refuse to think that last night's game will kill their spirit.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man, that game was a pisser. I hate loosing like that.<br /><br />Lidge blew it, I just hope he gets his confidence back for the next games.<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Hey Lidge, what part of "WALK PUJOLS" do you not understand?<br /><br />jus kiddin' - I know he was tryin' to pitch around him & put an 0-1 slider up in the strike zone, can't get away with that! But that was just one pitch; it was the walk to Edmonds that killed 'em.<br /><br />Was it Casey Stengel on his deathbed who, when asked by an old friend, "What's killin' ya, skipper?" answered, "It's the bases on balls!"

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

His mistake was walking Edmonds. I think the TV announcer had it right, he was celebrating too early.<br /><br />We all knew Pujols was due. And we all knew Lidge was due for a mistake, you cant be perfect for that long against a team that good.<br /><br />Ken

LadyFish

Admiral

Fingers and toes crossed here that tonight's the night guys!!!<br /><br />Oswalt, do your thang!!!