Yet another furnace Question...

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
I finally got off my duff and have got most of it hooked up. The vent is out...the way it should be, this is what I was dreading but like most thing's it wasn't so bad.<br /><br />The furnace is a Payne PG8U The Thermopstat is an old round honeywell. Here is the question. The terminal block call's for a three wire hookup...R..W..C, I used Red, White, and Blue for C.<br /><br />However My thermostat only has two terminals...and they are not labeled. The thermostat does not have a switch, just up or down on the temp. Wich wire goes where and what do I do with the third wire :confused: <br /><br />If this is not enoufgh info ask away...if you think further info will help. Or I could just go buy a new thermostat that has the wiring diagram included.

Paul Moir

Admiral
Re: Yet another furnace Question...

I'm pretty certain it's (R)ed (24 vac) and (W)hite (Furnace contanctor), (C)ommon is unused.<br />Doesn't matter which way round you hook up the thermostat.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Yet another furnace Question...

That's sorta what I was thinking paul but figured I would ask anyways.<br /><br />I still need to buy a cylinder and a regulator anyways to complete the hookup....So it'll be a few days yet.<br /><br />Thanks!