Yet another cat thread..

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander
We have had some real doozies here when it comes to cat threads but I assure you this is for real.<br /><br />Some guy in Lacrosse Wisconsin is trying to introduce legislation that would allow for the "demise" of the offender once it leaves it's owners turf. Seems he is tired of stray cats looking for there next treat under his birdfeeders. The reaction has been swift and far less than supportive of the idea, there has even been a website launched against the idea. I believe it to be Dont shoot the cat <br /><br />But is this such an outlandish idea? It is wrote into law that any dog running deer can be shot on site, even protected species that prey on domestic stock can be lawfully killed with permision. So what makes cats so special. It is not like he is asking for an open season, he is saying if it roams and kills at will it should be legal rather than as is currantly prosacutable.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yet another cat thread..

Sorry, no time to type.<br />I'm busy reloading.

NathanY

Commander

Well, I agree with him. Any stray cat that messes around on my property, gets it. My neighbors know that if they want kitty to come home, they better keep him away from my house. I hate to be like that, but one p!ssed in my truck last summer, took me forever to get it cleaned up.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

I don't give a rats *** about stray cats. <br /><br />A few years ago some kind hearted soul tossed 3 kittens out his car window into my side yard. They moved in under my deck. Wild little critters, they would attack when the kids went outside to play. <br /><br />I called animal control to come get them. They told me that they don't do cats. Dogs, bears, racoons, coyote, yes. Cats no.<br /><br />Wife and I coaxed them into boxes, drove a few miles and released them in the woods by a stream. <br /><br />I thought that showed great kindness on my part, considering the .22 alternative. <br /><br />My youngest sister, then about 28 yrs old, found out about it (thanks Mom) gave me crap and called some agency to report me for cruelty to animals.<br /><br />Go figure.<br /><br />Next time I just shoot them and toss them in the woods. And remind me not to mention it to Mom.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I love animals. But the next door neighbor (a sweet lady), has at minimum, ten cats. They find my side yard and project boat quite desireable as a kiity restroom. They mark the front porch as thier turf, which incites the next cat to cover it with thier own,which ---well, you get the picture.<br />Anyone who says "Cats are clean animals", has no cats, or has never been in the same house with a litter box. Sure, they bury it. Until they dig it up again to make another deposit. My side yard is prefered I think because the frequent trailer and truck traffic has made it grassless.<br />It's just one giant litter box for them, that nobody cleans when it gets unbearable......Then my grandkids come over and play in the sand. I've just about had it with these cats!! I've trained Bambi the bowsprit wonder-dog to attack any feline that it sees.<br />She has a few battle scars, but is undaunted!<br />I'm thinking of putting-out some bait, but have moral issues to over-rule first.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

10 hah what a rookie - we had a neighbor that had 50! and more inside the house. <br /><br />When they moved they left a "few" behind - the few were 20 in number and since no oner was now feeding them they were on a rampage!!<br /><br />Oh and there house was completely trashed<br /><br />I called animal control and they came over with 3 have-a-heart traps. <br /><br />I looked at the guy and asked him "do these traps float?" <br /><br />I live on a lake<br /><br />He looked at me<br /><br />Looked at the lake<br /><br />Looked at me<br /><br />Looked at the lake.....<br /><br /><br />Said "dont lose em they are expensive"<br /><br />Wife took pity on the cats and started calling around as soon as she said "outdoor cat" they hung up the phone<br /><br />Wife called the people who moved and they drove 12 hours to come pick up the rest and they still left 3 behind.<br /><br />well our dog - an akita - thinned that herd down to 1<br /><br />and the one left is too smart and a good mouser as well to get got by our dog.<br /><br />I would trap em and then call animal control - they have to come get them, then they call the owner and for the owner to pick em up, in our county at least it is 25,50,75 and finally 125 for each time.

NYMINUTE

Captain

PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. Here they come.

Carphunter

Commander

Just so were fair and equal, I shoot all stray dogs on my property. (along with the stray cats) ;) <br /><br />Ya know, You just don't see too many stray cats hurting little kids though.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Thakns gonfishn. I just extended my lunch break.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry guys but we have 9 feral cats in our house.Wife caught them all as kittens,had them checked,vacinated,and fixed.She thought someone would take them.but no luck.She did have the parents fixed and then released.the house cats do not go out and my wife is meticuos)sp}with the litter.Our freinds and neighbors supply some food.It gets expensive But we're happy. :) :) dave<br /><br /><br />different strokes for different folks.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I shoot close to 20 a year.. no joke or exageration. <br /><br />a true menace! Only good one is a dead one.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Wild animals can run loose no problem unless they are a pest and can be destroyed. All domestic animals except cats have to be confined. Well, I think if you let your cat go running around and someone has proof that their cat did damage to your property, they should be liable. If a person with livestock gets out, you hit them with your car, the owner of the livestock is liable. Cats should be no different.<br /><br />I once liked cats, even had a couple when I was growning up on the farm. But on the farm they were there for a reason. We didn't feed them food, just some milk from milking time with the cows. The cats primary job was mousers. If they didn't do their job, they went hungry. We had 3 different agencies that controlled the population problem of dogs and cats, Remington, Winchester, and Smith & Wesson, the fees were real cheap. Usually less than 50 cents per animal. :D

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

If a person with livestock gets out, you hit them with your car, the owner of the livestock is liable.
Careful.. in 'Free Range' states and counties (there-in) the critter has the right of way.. I'm with ya tho. ;)

Skiuseme

Chief Petty Officer

I wish I could if the article in the la crosse tribune man do we have alot of whinny oder folks her in la crosse

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I must say I really like cats, when they are tame and trained. It does take time to care for them, scooping the litter box every night before bed and other fun chores. <br />When I moved into my house, my garage was infested with mice. The first cold day the mice moved into my house. My 2 cats eliminated this problem in a week. <br />A new neighbor moved in with a dozen or more cats, they cleaned the mice out of my garage. I had some boxes I had moved into the garage for storage when we were moving and within a week the mice had been in each box ruining stuff. <br />Now a new neighbor has moved in with more cats, and I am starting to dislike them. The top of my tool chest was open and now has a rusty dribble down the lid onto my screwdrivers. Cat marked that as his box I guess. <br />This town where I live wants to eleminate all cats because some vet here said they carry disease. The PD shoots cats at random. But since this town has many empty buildings and vacant houses right now, there are a lot of mice showing up. We also have a large grain elevator with outdoor storage. In 9 years I have not seen any rats at all in town, until recently. Since the cat killings the rats are also moving in with a vengence. Mice and rats carry more disease than cats do.<br />Cats aren't so bad.

gonfishn

Commander

As Musky hangs his head in shame..She has herself has five of them critters..One is called a Doll House cat..She paid 700 bucks for it and it also has a computer chip in it..<br /><br />A cat knows when ya don't have fondess for them..They all hang around me when herself is around..Another chapter when she isn't :D

wajajaja

Chief Petty Officer

Cats are extremely prolific, bunnies can't compete by the numbers, if the nieborhood is willing the solution is to establish a colony of about ten that have been nuetered, vacinated, sheltered and are fed, they will repel strangers. And control vermin. The plaque is gone, but there is a disease spread by old rat/mice feces in barns, attics and the likes that cause a repertory illness that’s real nasty, forgot the name, cautioned about it in opening up ski huts for the winter after being closed in the summer. <br />Mark, shoot a cat in NJ and spend about 2k and forfeit the right to own a firearm. Even where u lives. They take it seriously, even with gummy candy.<br />If u like your cat remembers to always wash down the antifreeze that overflows from your auto, cats like it better than milk, just destroys the kidney function in 48-72 hrs.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Man...you guys are scaring the hell out of me... My fiance wants a cat and I just agreed to getting one... I'm not much of a cat person and have certain criteria that the cat has to meet:<br /><br />1. Brown/Grey/Orange so that it' fur matches most things ... I'm going to hate having cat fur on my clothes.<br /><br />2. It *HAS* to be declawed. I don't want anything scratched.<br /><br />3. It's not allowed on anything but the floor, and her lap. No counters, no tables, no chairs.<br /><br />4. It's not allowed outside. Ever.<br /><br />5. It has to come from the shelter. I'm not much for killing things so I figure this is a good way to save it from being put to sleep..<br /><br />6. It has to have short fur.<br /><br />7. It ONLY eats dry food. No scraps, ever. I don't want any accidents.<br /><br />After reading all this, I'm really wondering how much it's going to destroy the house. Ugh... this sucks.

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Jsfin,<br /><br />Be careful about declawing a cat. Some of them decide that they should chew on stuff to get out their frustrations seeing as they can't claw it out.<br /><br />Wajajaja,<br /><br />Wow! I will be more careful about shooting cats. I guess that's what the silencer is for!<br />Hee, hee, hee.