Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
100
Besides boating, I enjoy drag racing --- who could have picked two of the most expensive hobbies, eh? :) <br /><br />Anyway, thought I would share my new combination with all of you:<br /><br />Crank worked over real well, forged pistons, forged rods, billet oil pump (bare engine):<br /><br />
normal_rodsandcrank.jpg
<br /><br />Engine with the rods, pistons, etc installed. Nice deep dish pistons since I run supercharger with what will be a lot of boost (15+ pounds):<br /><br />
normal_enginepistons.jpg
<br /><br />Engine before dropping it in:<br /><br />
normal_Picture%20119.jpg
<br /><br />Now we're making progress:<br /><br />
normal_Picture%20003.jpg
<br /><br />Almost done and should have her up and running soon.<br /><br />Let me know what you think.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Tim<br /><br />P.S. Any other gearheads out there?
 
D

DJ

Guest
Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

Looks good. Is that a 4.6 in a Mustang?<br /><br />Are you running a supercharger (belt driven) or a turbocharger?<br /><br />The unit on the right side looks like a turbo.
 

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
100
Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

Originally posted by DJ:<br />Looks good. Is that a 4.6 in a Mustang?<br /><br />Are you running a supercharger (belt driven) or a turbocharger?<br /><br />The unit on the right side looks like a turbo.
Yes that is a 4.6 (281 ci) and still a 4.6, however, it's now 284ci (bored .020 over). I'm running a serpentine belt driven Vortech "S" trim supercharger and haven't completed the fuel system yet --- still working on it. Upgrading from 42# injectors to probably either 55# or 60# high impedence injectors and billet rails.<br /><br />By the way, yes it's a 98 Mustang.<br /><br />Here is a picture of the last setup that was pushing around 400rwhp. I opted to upgrade quite a bit. Only items different with the picture you'll see is that I have all the piping in there :) Once I finish, you'll see the new pictures and they will look very similar.<br /><br />
normal_3234IM000214.jpg
<br /><br />Here is a few pictures of the car and the dirty garage (really need to clean it hahaha):<br /><br />
normal_3234im000142%7E0.jpg
<br /><br />Another picture of the car:<br /><br />
normal_IM000219.jpg
<br /><br />I'm hoping for 500+ rwhp this time around but only time will tell.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Tim
 

LubeDude

Admiral
Joined
Oct 8, 2003
Messages
6,945
Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

That should surprise some Corvettes. What gears are you running?
 

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 16, 2002
Messages
100
Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />That should surprise some Corvettes. What gears are you running?
I'm running 3:73 gears.
 

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Nov 28, 2003
Messages
848
Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

SaaaaaaaaWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
 
Top