Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Besides boating, I enjoy drag racing --- who could have picked two of the most expensive hobbies, eh? :) <br /><br />Anyway, thought I would share my new combination with all of you:<br /><br />Crank worked over real well, forged pistons, forged rods, billet oil pump (bare engine):<br /><br />
normal_rodsandcrank.jpg
<br /><br />Engine with the rods, pistons, etc installed. Nice deep dish pistons since I run supercharger with what will be a lot of boost (15+ pounds):<br /><br />
normal_enginepistons.jpg
<br /><br />Engine before dropping it in:<br /><br />
normal_Picture%20119.jpg
<br /><br />Now we're making progress:<br /><br />
normal_Picture%20003.jpg
<br /><br />Almost done and should have her up and running soon.<br /><br />Let me know what you think.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Tim<br /><br />P.S. Any other gearheads out there?

D

DJ

Re: Yee haww almost racing season (gearhead post)

Looks good. Is that a 4.6 in a Mustang?<br /><br />Are you running a supercharger (belt driven) or a turbocharger?<br /><br />The unit on the right side looks like a turbo.

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by DJ:<br />Looks good. Is that a 4.6 in a Mustang?<br /><br />Are you running a supercharger (belt driven) or a turbocharger?<br /><br />The unit on the right side looks like a turbo.
Yes that is a 4.6 (281 ci) and still a 4.6, however, it's now 284ci (bored .020 over). I'm running a serpentine belt driven Vortech "S" trim supercharger and haven't completed the fuel system yet --- still working on it. Upgrading from 42# injectors to probably either 55# or 60# high impedence injectors and billet rails.<br /><br />By the way, yes it's a 98 Mustang.<br /><br />Here is a picture of the last setup that was pushing around 400rwhp. I opted to upgrade quite a bit. Only items different with the picture you'll see is that I have all the piping in there :) Once I finish, you'll see the new pictures and they will look very similar.<br /><br />
normal_3234IM000214.jpg
<br /><br />Here is a few pictures of the car and the dirty garage (really need to clean it hahaha):<br /><br />
normal_3234im000142%7E0.jpg
<br /><br />Another picture of the car:<br /><br />
normal_IM000219.jpg
<br /><br />I'm hoping for 500+ rwhp this time around but only time will tell.<br /><br />Cheers,<br /> Tim

LubeDude

Admiral

That should surprise some Corvettes. What gears are you running?

tteal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br />That should surprise some Corvettes. What gears are you running?
I'm running 3:73 gears.

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

SaaaaaaaaWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!